Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th of February ~ Sunday 21st of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Last 64 and the biggest Casulties are Former Champion Stephen Maguire and Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson.

But there is a lot of intresting matches to come.

Who will progress in to the last 32?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Day 1 Table

179 SUNDAYGIRL 51 - 13
177 SMART 47 - 18
173 ERASERHEAD 51 - 10
169 FRIDGE46 51 - 8
169 WILDEY 49 - 11
167 THECLEAVER 49 - 10
164 KOLOMPAR 46 - 13
159 KING.KAUTO 47 - 9
157 PLTHEREF 45 - 11
155 CLOUD STRIFE 45 - 10

Postby TheSaviour

Yesterday Barry got rolled over pretty badly lol. Let´s see if Pengfei can put up a sterner resistance.

But it was not just bad news for Barry. That one Pinches brown pot pointed out his mercurial skills. And that one bigger break he made. Some quite incredible positional shots. Perhaps that inspired Ronnie, I don´t know.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Yesterday Barry got rolled over pretty badly lol. Let´s see if Pengfei can put up a sterner resistance.

But it was not just bad news for Barry. That one Pinches brown pot pointed out his mercurial skills. And that one bigger break he made. Some quite incredible positional shots. Perhaps that inspired Ronnie, I don´t know.

Bloody hell. He's talking about snooker. :shock:

Postby PoolBoy

"Last 64 and the biggest Casulties are Former Champion Stephen Maguire and Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson."

Surely the World Champion losing in the last 128, is also a noteworthy casualty?

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:"Last 64 and the biggest Casulties are Former Champion Stephen Maguire and Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson."

Surely the World Champion losing in the last 128, is also a noteworthy casualty?

:goodpost: <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

How do people see Gould and Lisowski going?

Gould will look to carry his Berlin form into Cardiff, and Lisowski has never seemed to live up to his promise. But in best of sevens, funny results can happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Somebody remind me who Neil Robertson beat yesterday. What with the ten gazillion matches that happened, and all the controversy talk, his win passed me by a bit.

Postby SnookerFan

Luca Brecel vs Mark King

Has Mark King really fallen as low as 37? Makes sense I suppose, I can't think off the top of my head the last time he had a decent tournament run.

Though Luca is up and down, at times. Great one minute, and bit rubbish the next. What do people think of this one? I guess like any best of seven, it'll just be whoever gets a good start.

Bring back best of nines. :D

Postby SnookerFan

James Cahill vs Dark Mavis

I'd like to see James Cahill have another decent run like he did in York. Can't see it though. He hasn't done much else since.

Postby SnookerFan

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Ding does. He's been playing woefully lately. If I see him on Friday, it'll have been the third time I'd seen him in a Welsh Open final.

Can he beat Joe Swail? Ordinarily you'd say yes, but at the moment he is struggling to beat an egg. How much confidence will one win give him?

Postby SnookerFan

Lastly, I'll mention Peter Ebdon. Somebody beat him. Knowing my luck, I'll end up with Ebdon in a best of 19 final.

I watched him at The Crucible once. He got pulled off after the second session. I didn't bother coming back for the conclusion, which started at getting on for 10pm. rofl

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Somebody remind me who Neil Robertson beat yesterday. What with the ten gazillion matches that happened, and all the controversy talk, his win passed me by a bit.

He beat Fraser Patrick 4-3.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Somebody remind me who Neil Robertson beat yesterday. What with the ten gazillion matches that happened, and all the controversy talk, his win passed me by a bit.

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

:hatoff:

He could easily have lost that match. Another example of what a lottery best of 7s are.

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:"Last 64 and the biggest Casulties are Former Champion Stephen Maguire and Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson."

Lolz. Good point! Although he's all at sea at the moment is our Bingo. It would be mad if he did a Joe Johnson and made the final again.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Lolz. Good point! Although he's all at sea at the moment is our Bingo. It would be mad if he did a Joe Johnson and made the final again.

That'd be something a bit special, wouldn't it? <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

That'd be something a bit special, wouldn't it? <laugh>

It wouldn't even surprise me. When he gets in the zone he's brilliant.

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:I promised my mate I'd go and watch the Champions League with him tonight.

So sadly, I won't watch any tonight.

Reckon Chelsea could pull it off if they play as well as they did against us on Saturday. We were rubbish but not as rubbish as they made us look.

Arsenal v Barcelona next week should be good for a laugh.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:
Reckon Chelsea could pull it off if they play as well as they did against us on Saturday. We were rubbish but not as rubbish as they made us look.

Arsenal v Barcelona next week should be good for a laugh.

I'm going round a different mates to watch that. (I've got two friends. Get me.)

Must confess, I aint fussed about watching Chelskov. But I've promised this guy I'd stop round at some point.

Would rather watch snooker than the football, but hey ho.