Post a reply

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot-out

Postby QSM

Semi Finals:

Joe Swail vs Luca Brecel

Robin Hull vs Mark Williams

----
I like all 4 players left. (order of preference: Luca, Hull, Swail, Williams)

Postby Cheshire Cat

MJW has to be one of the best middle-pocket potters i've seen.

Postby QSM

Belgium vs Finland aka Brecel vs Hull.

First continental winner of a pro snooker tournament? (does the shoot-out actually count?) :chin:

C'mon Luca. :happy:

Postby Vallomas

World Snooker has gone mad! :hyper:

Btw, according to prosnookerblog Mehta has withdrawn from the rest of the season. I guess that he did it because he dropped off the top 64 and he will try to regain his professional status through Asian Championship.

Postby kolompar

Was wondering what happened to Mehta, probably will stay on tour from the European Tour order of merit. Hopefully he doesn't follow Advani to play as an amateur.

Postby fridge46

Vallomas wrote:Btw, according to prosnookerblog Mehta has withdrawn from the rest of the season. I guess that he did it because he dropped off the top 64 and he will try to regain his professional status through Asian Championship.

I heard it was a back injury. I doubt it is because he is out of the top 64 - he is currently in a position to regain a tour card via the European Order of Merit

Postby QSM

Luca missed a red everyone on this forum would've potted in the last minute. <doh> Would've won if it wasn't for that miss.

Postby Vallomas

Last season's Xiao reloaded. I hope that it won't affect Luca's performance, like what happened with the Chinese since then...

But, anyway, well done Robin!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Unlucky Luca, at least it made for an exciting finish. Robin Hull, fair play to you.:hatoff:

Postby Svdyc

Well done Robin :D

Hopefully this gives him a confidence boost for the upcoming ranking tournaments this spring.

Postby Andy Spark

Why does Robin Hull pretend to be Finnish? It's obvious from his accent he's more Brit than Fin.

Postby PoolBoy

Superb result for Robin Hull!
At 41 years-old, his previous biggest snooker cheque was £14,500 so to land £32,000 here is brilliant for him!

Postby PoolBoy

Andy Spark wrote:Why does Robin Hull pretend to be Finnish? It's obvious from his accent he's more Brit than Fin.

He's proud to be Finnish too! I remember reading where he said he supports Finland at all sports!
Found the old link! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... -mark.html
He was born and raised in Finland and has a Finnish mother - he's also back living there after a spell in London. English is actually his 2nd language and Finnish is his 'mother tongue'.
Check his Twitter - you'll see that he is indeed very much a Fin!! https://twitter.com/robhull_?lang=en

Postby Andy Spark

PoolBoy wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Why does Robin Hull pretend to be Finnish? It's obvious from his accent he's more Brit than Fin.

He's proud to be Finnish too! I remember reading where he said he supports Finland at all sports!
Found the old link! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... -mark.html
He was born and raised in Finland and has a Finnish mother - he's also back living there after a spell in London. English is actually his 2nd language and Finnish is his 'mother tongue'.
Check his Twitter - you'll see that he is indeed very much a Fin!! https://twitter.com/robhull_?lang=en

Oh right, my apologies to Robin, he just sounded very British. However, I suppose that is how international espionage works, people get very good at the accent and people just assume they are natives. Not that Robin Hull (British sounding name too) is a spy of course! I'm just pointing out that if he was, say, Russian then with a British accent like that he'd make a very good spy for the Kremlin.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Clive Everton Good weekend in Reading, nice to see @robhull_ win after all his struggles with illness @Thehexagon @WorldSnooker1 CE

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:Oh right, my apologies to Robin, he just sounded very British. However, I suppose that is how international espionage works, people get very good at the accent and people just assume they are natives. Not that Robin Hull (British sounding name too) is a spy of course! I'm just pointing out that if he was, say, Russian then with a British accent like that he'd make a very good spy for the Kremlin.

So, are you accusing Robin Hull of being an international spy?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 15 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Oh right, my apologies to Robin, he just sounded very British. However, I suppose that is how international espionage works, people get very good at the accent and people just assume they are natives. Not that Robin Hull (British sounding name too) is a spy of course! I'm just pointing out that if he was, say, Russian then with a British accent like that he'd make a very good spy for the Kremlin.

So, are you accusing Robin Hull of being an international spy?

No I'm not. I'm just pointing out that someone who has principle allegiance to a foreign nation and who speaks English (as a second language) with a virtually faultless British accent would make an excellent spy. We don't have any problematic diplomatic issues with Finland so I'm not suspecting him, but if he was a Russian then he'd have made a very good spy; I'd imagine he could have easily smuggled around a substance to poison dissident soviet agents (if needed).

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:would of been cooler than cool if he had asked the ref who her favourite charity was (AUDIBLY) then did the 147 and agreed to give the max bonus to her charity..... :wave:

Wrong thread. :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:would of been cooler than cool if he had asked the ref who her favourite charity was (AUDIBLY) then did the 147 and agreed to give the max bonus to her charity..... :wave:

Wrong thread. :wave:

I made a mistake, shoot me :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:I made a mistake, shoot me :wave:

I forgive you. It was less embarrassing than my ET5 / Welsh Open error. <ok>