Post a reply

Coral Snooker Shoot-out

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 12th ~ Sunday 14th of February at the Hexagon Theatre, Reading

The Shoot-out is in its 6th year previously won by Nigel Bond, Barry Hawkins, Martin Gould, Dominic Dale and Last year by Michael White.

For the first time this year it will be televised on ITV 4 after 5 years on Sky.

Notable absentees includes Masters Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, UK Champion Neil Robertson and World no 1 Mark Selby.

World Champion Stuart Bingham will be heading the field and as previous years has proved anyone can win it

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot-out

Postby QSM

One of my favourite tournaments of the year. Seeing so many different players in such a short amount of time.

Postby QSM

QSM wrote:One of my favourite tournaments of the year. Seeing so many different players in such a short amount of time.

The 1 frame format is a bit of a joke, but the tourney is just a bit of a laugh anyway.

Postby TheSaviour

"World Champion Stuart Bingham will be heading the field and as previous years has proved anyone can win it".

- Yes, and I see Stuart, surprisingly to many, even as a favourite to win the tournament. Even when he has to play against Ricky Walden straight away. But Stuart´s cue action has been the best and most solid there has been. And this tournament if any straight away asks how is your cue action.. In a way Stuart was a hell of an unlucky to lose against O´Sullivan at the Masters. At saturday evening I thought that what a pity when Stuart lost several frames while having a commanding lead after some really impressive playing. Ronnie just made several rock-solid clearences. I thought nooo he can´t clear from here and here, that´s too difficult even to him. But he did. What a bastard. Stuart also had a respectable 147 effort during that match. 81 was it finally.

It is a pity that both Jimmy and Ronnie are absencees here.

But luckily Peter Ebdon is playing. He can be a very entertaining because of his usual doubtless approach. And this tournament requires some fast thinking and actions. Peter clearly has that natural talent which can help him to cope with that requirement. He can cope with that pace. Or then he can´t lol.

Postby PoolBoy

Bingham's not the favourite - he's 5th favourite, with Trump the bookies choice at 10/1.
Over one frame, and with a slightly different format - shot clocks etc, any player in the field can win it!

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Bingham's not the favourite - he's 5th favourite, with Trump the bookies choice at 10/1.
Over one frame, and with a slightly different format - shot clocks etc, any player in the field can win it!

Yeah, with this kind of format, I wouldn't pay too much emphasis on favourites. Pretty much anybody in the field can win it.

Postby Gridlock

Been watching last year's on youtube
Looks fun but that countdown alarm is annoying!

Postby Gridlock

Smart wrote:BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING :cracker:

Hopefully in about 3 hours! ;-)

Postby motorhead

what I really wanna know is Snookerfan's choice of beers for this one.

Postby Gridlock

motorhead wrote:what I really wanna know is Snookerfan's choice of beers for this one.

I predict Fosters. Although I challenge him to branch out with an ALE that I can get here, although stale usually here.. Fuller ESB. It must be wonderful when fresh!

Postby Gridlock

motorhead wrote:what I really wanna know is Snookerfan's choice of beers for this one.

I predict Fosters. Although I challenge him to branch out with an ALE that I can get here, although stale usually here.. Fuller ESB. It must be wonderful when fresh!

Postby Gridlock

Postby Gridlock

Apologies for the duplicate posts. Tablet locked up.

Postby Gridlock

Dan-cat wrote:Foster aint nobodies first choice!!

Ha! Last time I had fosters was a quart can when I turned 21. Will soon be 34 years ago!

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:

You can challenge me all you like, I have tried it and just don't like it.

I've nothing against people that drink ale, but I find people who think it's impossible to dislike insufferable. rofl

Just my opinion.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

I've nothing against people that drink ale, but I find people who think it's impossible to dislike insufferable. rofl

Just my opinion.

Fair enough, good sir!

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Just my opinion.

Fair enough, good sir!

I didn't think you were insufferable, by the way. I should make that clear. <ok>

I've just known people every time I've been to the pub with them; "Yeah, but try a pint of this." I'll say that they must have made me try at least 30 or 40 different ales since I've started drinking with them, and I've never liked one. They insist, saying I'll "like this one". I try it, I don't. They laugh at the fact that I may like the taste of something different to them. I go to sleep over the boredom of the conversation. :zzz:

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Just my opinion.

Fair enough, good sir!

I didn't think you were insufferable, by the way. I should make that clear. <ok>

I've just known people every time I've been to the pub with them; "Yeah, but try a pint of this." I'll say that they must have made me try at least 30 or 40 different ales since I've started drinking with them, and I've never liked one. They insist, saying I'll "like this one". I try it, I don't. They laugh at the fact that I may like the taste of something different to them. I go to sleep over the boredom of the conversation. :zzz:

No worries! Stateside beer snobs are also boring!

Postby Lucky

Smart wrote:I'm thinking a few beers tonight whilst watching this or perhaps a bottle of plonk ????? Anyone else doing similar ?? :wave:

I always settle down with a few for this. Watch 2-3 matches thinking, this is great..........then reality hits home and it becomes clear that it is pretty mediocre stuff and you're lucky to get one good match per session <ok>