Post a reply

Snooker Shootout

Postby SnookerFan

As I suspect you've all seen on Twitter already, ITV 4 are now televising the Snooker Shootout.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/itv4-to-tel ... shoot-out/

Never got into it much. I remember ignoring it the first year, assuming it'd be rubbish. Then the reaction to it surprised me. People seemed to really like it as something special. Though, I think the appeal does seem to have worn off lately.

What do you make of this news?

Re: Snooker Shootout

Postby TheSaviour

Only a fool would rule of the Snooker Shootout. What I found interesting about it is that the pressure is immediately on. I personally like it, because I tend to like to consider myself as a someone who can read things from the people really well. That´s why I also enjoy walking in a city-areas, where there is a lot´s of all sort of a people. Numerous times I have warned my mates about someone, usually without response. It´s like, "see, I told you mate about him or her.. He or she is a bit of a bell end, and now you should see that too..".

Postby Clara8633

TheSaviour wrote:Only a fool would rule of the Snooker Shootout. What I found interesting about it is that the pressure is immediately on. I personally like it, because I tend to like to consider myself as a someone who can read things from the people really well. That´s why I also enjoy walking in a city-areas, where there is a lot´s of all sort of a people. Numerous times I have warned my mates about someone, usually without response. It´s like, "see, I told you mate about him or her.. He or she is a bit of a bell end, and now you should see that too..".

pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Only a fool would rule of the Snooker Shootout. What I found interesting about it is that the pressure is immediately on. I personally like it, because I tend to like to consider myself as a someone who can read things from the people really well. That´s why I also enjoy walking in a city-areas, where there is a lot´s of all sort of a people. Numerous times I have warned my mates about someone, usually without response. It´s like, "see, I told you mate about him or her.. He or she is a bit of a bell end, and now you should see that too..".

What, so you enjoy the Shoot Out because you can tell the people attending it are bellends? :huh:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I like it

Well, I don't mean to stir trouble, but I think TheSaviour is saying you're a bellend. :gag:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I like it

Well, I don't mean to stir trouble, but I think TheSaviour is saying you're a bellend. :gag:

I'm immune to his judgement. Non-reactive :)

Postby SnookerFan

Hey that is this weekend, isn't it?

As is typical, I am a bit busy when the Shootout is on. I dunno why, but literally every year they seem to make it on a weekend where I have prior plans. It's not even the same plans every year, it's just been a coincidence that I literally have other stuff going on every single year since it started.

Though, as it's on ITV, I might try and catch a bit. I don't have Sky Sports, so might not have got to see a lot anyway.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Hey that is this weekend, isn't it?

As is typical, I am a bit busy when the Shootout is on. I dunno why, but literally every year they seem to make it on a weekend where I have prior plans. It's not even the same plans every year, it's just been a coincidence that I literally have other stuff going on every single year since it started.

Though, as it's on ITV, I might try and catch a bit. I don't have Sky Sports, so might not have got to see a lot anyway.

your social calendar must be rammed, I bet you get double bookings all the time ...... :wave:

Postby snooky147

A one frame shootout that costs £200 to enter. I don't have any time for it, but it seems to have it's place so good luck to those that do enter it.

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:A one frame shootout that costs £200 to enter. I don't have any time for it, but it seems to have it's place so good luck to those that do enter it.

are you paying the £200 ???

.....whats the problem then. :wave:

Postby snooky147

No, I'm not . I just think it's excessive for a one frame event. It's not a new thing , I have thought that from the start, doesn't seem to stop people entering it.

Postby snooky147

And if you look at the PDF draw on the WS Website.it's title is NORTHERN IRELAND CUP(BELFAST) How professional is that.

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:No, I'm not . I just think it's excessive for a one frame event. It's not a new thing , I have thought that from the start, doesn't seem to stop people entering it.

Don't pros get paid nowadays ?

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:And if you look at the PDF draw on the WS Website.it's title is NORTHERN IRELAND CUP(BELFAST) How professional is that.

Yeah that would stop me entering. In fact I would boycott the tour if that sort of error occurred. How very dare they make an error. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

snooky147 wrote:No, I'm not . I just think it's excessive for a one frame event. It's not a new thing , I have thought that from the start, doesn't seem to stop people entering it.

TBF, the rewards can also stack up quite quickly as well. The lower ranked guys must fancy there chances of beating anyone under these rules than they would in a normal ranker, so from that point of view I can understand why so many enter it. £200 entry fee is ludicrous though, I'd tell Hearn where to go with that if it was me.

Postby snooky147

Smart wrote:
snooky147 wrote:And if you look at the PDF draw on the WS Website.it's title is NORTHERN IRELAND CUP(BELFAST) How professional is that.

Yeah that would stop me entering. In fact I would boycott the tour if that sort of error occurred. How very dare they make an error. :wave:

ok smart ass, point is that they can't even be bothered changing the header on a PDF.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
your social calendar must be rammed, I bet you get double bookings all the time ...... :wave:

I literally go out one weekend a year. And it's the same year they schedule the Snooker Shootout every year. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

What if a player who is playing in the final of the Snooker Shootout, has to play in the Welsh Open early on Monday?

:roll:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:What if a player who is playing in the final of the Snooker Shootout, has to play in the Welsh Open early on Monday?

:roll:

Player has car - he travel in car from Location A to Location B.

Player no has car - he travel via train, bus, tram, bicycle from Location A to Location B.

Player has no get up and go - player no play in both events.

:wave:

Postby SnookerFan

What are people's thoughts on the Shootout? As said, I am pretty much always busy for this.

The first year, it struck me that I wouldn't care as it looked like such a rubbish event. I watched a couple of frames on the Friday night, hated it, and went away for the weekend. When I arrived back, I looked on here and to my amazement. People were singing it's praises.

I literally haven't watched a second of the Snooker Shootout since. I've not had Sky, I've been out etc. It's always been an inconvenience. I didn't mind so much, as on checking people were saying that it wasn't as good as it was the previous year.

Is it safe to say people are bored of the concept now?

I'd hoped to watch it this year, now it's on ITV4. But I look as though I'll have to dip in and out. I literally watch the odd frame or two, and will post about it. But can't concentrate for the whole weekend like I'd hoped.

Am I missing anything? Or was it only interesting the first year?

Discuss.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:What are people's thoughts on the Shootout? As said, I am pretty much always busy for this.

The first year, it struck me that I wouldn't care as it looked like such a rubbish event. I watched a couple of frames on the Friday night, hated it, and went away for the weekend. When I arrived back, I looked on here and to my amazement. People were singing it's praises.

I literally haven't watched a second of the Snooker Shootout since. I've not had Sky, I've been out etc. It's always been an inconvenience. I didn't mind so much, as on checking people were saying that it wasn't as good as it was the previous year.

Is it safe to say people are bored of the concept now?

I'd hoped to watch it this year, now it's on ITV4. But I look as though I'll have to dip in and out. I literally watch the odd frame or two, and will post about it. But can't concentrate for the whole weekend like I'd hoped.

Am I missing anything? Or was it only interesting the first year?

Discuss.

It's a marmite event that has been a marmite event straight from the get go. You were correct in giving it give a wide berth, IMO.

Postby SnookerFan

Update. I should be able to watch Friday night's play. I'd assumed there was televised play during the day.

The fact that they had dancing girls doesn't inspire much confidence in the quality of play.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Update. I should be able to watch Friday night's play. I'd assumed there was televised play during the day.

The fact that they had dancing girls doesn't inspire much confidence in the quality of play.

Friday and Sunday for me, Saturday I will miss. :wave:

Postby Gridlock

I've been watching last year's on youtube. Looks fun but that countdown alarm is annoying.