Post a reply

Baic Motor China Open Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 9th ~ Thursday 11th of February at the Metrodome in Barnsley

The China Open is well established on the tour having started back in 2005 and won by China's own Ding Junhui in the first of his 11 World Ranking titles to date.

Last year Mark Selby captured the title with the defence of his World title just round the corner but things didn't go to plan for Mark is Sheffield.

This year the tournament is still in Beijing but before that 120 players will be battling it out in Barnsley to join defending Champion Mark Selby, World Champion Stuart Bingham, China's top two players Ding Junhui and Liang Wenbo plus Darryl Hill, Lee Walker, Peter Lines and Cao Yupeng in Beijing.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is sitting this one out as he has so many this season but theres plenty of quality still on show.

Who will make the trip to Beijing?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

ImageImage

Re: China Open Last 128 !!

Postby SnookerFan

My computer is on the blink at the moment. Might try to watch some on my Tablet, but it hates streaming stuff from World Snooker, for some reason. :wild:

Postby PoolBoy

Gridlock wrote:Looks like Theppy is out.

Was just noticing that!
If a player's going to draw an 'amateur', Adam Duffy's one of the last he'd want to face!

Postby eraserhead

I've been looking on live scores occasionally, Mcgill won 5-1 and made some big breaks along the way which is nice to see. I hope he has a decent run in some of the rankers that are left this season.

I also hope Cope sees Selt off.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:I've been looking on live scores occasionally, Mcgill won 5-1 and made some big breaks along the way which is nice to see.

Round of applause.

Postby Wildey

Duane Jones has been a disappointment in the first few months of his pro career winning just 2 matches in 7 tournaments played.

he is 2-1 up on Dave Gilbert at the moment

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I've been looking on live scores occasionally, Mcgill won 5-1 and made some big breaks along the way which is nice to see.

Round of applause.

The sound of one hand clapping?

Postby Wildey

Sean O'Sullivan having the better of Mark Joyce this morning.

Joyce who reached the Quarter Final in germany last week beating Mark Allen 5-2 and was 4-2 up on Luca Brecel.

Postby Cue Guru

Such a shame Ronnie won't fly over and is so picky about his personal life that the trip isn't possible. It's a big one but only valued at 50% without the Boss. Glad I'm not his mgr, he'd drive me nuts.

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:Such a shame Ronnie won't fly over and is so picky about his personal life that the trip isn't possible. It's a big one but only valued at 50% without the Boss. Glad I'm not his mgr, he'd drive me nuts.

He's 40 now, and prioritises and other commitments now. He's a millionaire and has won everything in the game, multiple times. I have no real problem with him slowing down now towards the end of his career.

At least he isn't doing what he did a few years ago, pulling out at the last minute with some dodgy excuse. He had less excuse then, there was only six ranking events. <laugh>

Try to enjoy the players that aren't Ronnie. You'll enjoy the tournament more.

Postby Wildey

Cue Guru wrote:Such a shame Ronnie won't fly over and is so picky about his personal life that the trip isn't possible. It's a big one but only valued at 50% without the Boss. Glad I'm not his mgr, he'd drive me nuts.

Ronnie playing doesent do a blind bit of difference to the value of tournaments hes just 1 player not even World Champion since 2013.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:Ronnie playing doesent do a blind bit of difference to the value of tournaments hes just 1 player not even World Champion since 2013.

Didn't they add four extra rows of seats to Ally Pally because Ronnie had entered? Just sayin.

Also, did you know that 'occasionally on fire' Maguire's nickname at one point was the 'Merlin of Milton'? That one didn't catch on....

Postby Gridlock

Good morning all! Dan-cat how was NYC if I may ask? Did you make it to Prince Snooker Club. Looking forward to watching Gouldy later.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie playing doesent do a blind bit of difference to the value of tournaments hes just 1 player not even World Champion since 2013.

Didn't they add four extra rows of seats to Ally Pally because Ronnie had entered? Just sayin.

Also, did you know that 'occasionally on fire' Maguire's nickname at one point was the 'Merlin of Milton'? That one didn't catch on....

im not saying that Ronnie isnt a ticket seller because he definitely is but if you had Strippers at the mid session interval im sure that would sell tickets too.

But that is totally separate issue to how valuable a tournament win is.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:im not saying that Ronnie isnt a ticket seller because he definitely is but if you had Strippers at the mid session interval im sure that would sell tickets too.

But that is totally separate issue to how valuable a tournament win is.

Postby Vallomas

Glad to see that one of my first snooker heroes, James Wattana, has beaten David Morris and will travel to China.

Postby motorhead

Matt @ProSnookerBlog
Jimmy White 3-1 up on Graeme Dott. Looking to increase his prize money earnings for the season from £500 to £4,500 with a win there.

a win in R128 is 4k??? anyone has the prize money breakdown for this one?