Post a reply

Re: Will Martin Gould ever win a ranking title?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:As the title suggests, really.

Will Martin Gould ever win a ranking title?

He came close in Australia even outscoring Higgins by 10 points lol

Nothing to suggest he cant kick on from this

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:As the title suggests, really.

Will Martin Gould ever win a ranking title?

He came close in Australia even outscoring Higgins by 10 points lol

Nothing to suggest he cant kick on from this

Another poster yesterday made a comparison between him and Joe Perry, when Joe also lost in a decider in a ranking Final against Robbo (not his first Final though) and then went on to win his first ranking event, albeit in a Best of 7 format.

I too hope like you say Gouldy can kick on from here and win his first ranker.

Postby Andy Spark

Martin plays the game the right way, going for his shots. I'm sure if he'd had the luck earlier on in his life he'd have won a few rankers. Bad luck to have an administration that was pretty rubbish back in the 00's. Then you need a few good coaching tips at the right time...

Still, he doesn't need to have rankers to have my respect as a great snooker brain. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Martin plays the game the right way, going for his shots. I'm sure if he'd had the luck earlier on in his life he'd have won a few rankers. Bad luck to have an administration that was pretty rubbish back in the 00's. Then you need a few good coaching tips at the right time...

Still, he doesn't need to have rankers to have my respect as a great snooker brain. :hatoff:

What has the bad administration from the past anything to do with him not winning any ranker? If you mean there weren't enough tournaments then, fair enough, but still it was up to him to win at least one in that period of time, and he couldn't do it, simple as that.

But I too love his style of play and I honestly hope he becomes a ranking event winner.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Martin plays the game the right way, going for his shots. I'm sure if he'd had the luck earlier on in his life he'd have won a few rankers. Bad luck to have an administration that was pretty rubbish back in the 00's. Then you need a few good coaching tips at the right time...

What has the bad administration from the past anything to do with him not winning any ranker? If you mean there weren't enough tournaments then, fair enough, but still it was up to him to win at least one in that period of time, and he couldn't do it, simple as that.

But I too love his style of play and I honestly hope he becomes a ranking event winner.

Yes, fundamentally it was up to him. All I'm saying is if you think that there is a massive opportunity for a career in snooker then you put massive effort in; if at the back of your mind you think that snooker is moribund then it becomes more difficult to find the motivation and inspiration to win a ranker. A shrinking number of rankers is rather uninspiring.

Postby Wildey

Winning tournaments is the motivation yes with less events theres less chance to win but if you lose motivation because theres less events then that is a fundamental flow in the make up of Martin Gould as a player and why his career hasn't been as good as it should have been.

Postby TheSaviour

Stuart Bingham is now the reigning World Champion. Who would had ever believe that five years ago? Things happen. But I can´t see Martin winning a ranker if he doesn´t take some pace and fluency out from his game. Stuart Bingham did that pretty well, and now I can see him winning a much more.

I sense the old flair and insanity steadily returning to the game.. We can now easily get through this season and winter towards to the new summer.. I classify this are where I live as a "summer place". A bit like Bavaria is classified as a "deep south" in Germany. The nature here is basically completely the summer nature. It flourishes during the summers. And even when it is it´s coldest or the rainiest it is still a relatively warm. Autumns and winters just comes and goes pretty smoothly. We enjoy some mixed fortunes considering the winter´s climate. Where usually It is pretty old or a very cold.

Some bronze-tanned skins around here, like always during this time of the year.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheSaviour wrote:I sense the old flair and insanity steadily returning to the game.. We can now easily get through this season and winter towards to the new summer.. I classify this are where I live as a "summer place". A bit like Bavaria is classified as a "deep south" in Germany. The nature here is basically completely the summer nature. It flourishes during the summers. And even when it is it´s coldest or the rainiest it is still a relatively warm. Autumns and winters just comes and goes pretty smoothly. We enjoy some mixed fortunes considering the winter´s climate. Where usually It is pretty old or a very cold.

Some bronze-tanned skins around here, like always during this time of the year.

:hmmm:

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:Another poster yesterday made a comparison between him and Joe Perry, when Joe also lost in a decider in a ranking Final against Robbo (not his first Final though) and then went on to win his first ranking event, albeit in a Best of 7 format.

I too hope like you say Gouldy can kick on from here and win his first ranker.

I think it was me and I am happy that Gouldy has proved me right. :-)