Post a reply

918.Com German Masters Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 3rd ~ Sunday 7th of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

Luca Brecel becomes the first mainland European player to play in a ranking final and how fitting its in the heart of Europe in Germany.

Playing against him is Martin Gould in his 3rd main ranking event final without winning one.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Martin Gould v Luca Brecel Gould leads 2-0

First time they played in 2010 Luca Brecel was not on the main tour

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: 918.Com German Masters Final !!

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY 4 TABLE

111 ERASERHEAD 19 - 4
100 SMART 18 - 6
96 ANDRE147 19 - 4
94 CLOUD STRIFE 17 - 5
84 KING.KAUTO 15 - 5
80 JMAL1 17 - 3
80 PLTHEREF 17 - 3
76 SUNDAYGIRL 16 - 2
72 PASUNEGIRAFE 15 - 3
61 WILDEY 15 - 0
56 KOLOMPAR 12 - 1
52 THECLEAVER 11 - 2
36 CLARA8633 9 - 0

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Is it first to 9?

I think Luca will take this 9-6.

Gould, despite winning, has been playing like a fanny.

he will have too much for Luca though.

id love Luca to win but he makes so many basic mistakes he got lucky very lucky yesterday Kyren was really rubbish to put it kindly.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Is it first to 9?

I think Luca will take this 9-6.

Gould, despite winning, has been playing like a fanny.

he will have too much for Luca though.

id love Luca to win but he makes so many basic mistakes he got lucky very lucky yesterday Kyren was really rubbish to put it kindly.

I agree Luca was lucky yesterday Kyren didn't perform. But If Luca finds his A game today he will win this I think. Gould hasn't been playing good either and he's known to choke. Luca is unpredictable.

One good thing about Luca yesterday was his safety game. He played some very good safeties yesterday and showed maturity in the tactics department. It's what won him the match. Well, that and Kyren playing bad.. Anyway, it was obvious Luca has been working hard on his safety game with Chris Henry. Also, Luca said he now just wants to win, even if he plays bad. All good signs for me.

Postby Wildey

it will be a interesting final with plenty of mistakes basicly the player that makes less mistakes wins.

TBH has anyone seen Luca playing his A Game the potential has always been there but hes never delivered at pro level

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:TBH has anyone seen Luca playing his A Game the potential has always been there but hes never delivered at pro level

Indeed.

This afternoon is a good time to start.

Postby eraserhead

This will be a very interesting final, you have to make Gould favourite but he did everything to try and loose yesterday.

Luca started well yesterday, maybe rushed a few shots and needs to score heavier today.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:it will be a interesting final with plenty of mistakes basicly the player that makes less mistakes wins.

TBH has anyone seen Luca playing his A Game the potential has always been there but hes never delivered at pro level

He played some good stuff in the 2012 UK championship beating Ebdon, Walden and King. He almost beat Shaun Murphy as well. If he had handled the pressure better he would have beaten Murphy, he had him against the ropes.

But no, Luca has never really shown his A game yet.,He played some good stuff here and there but he's never really performed his best yet. He's been playing his C game a lot. The standard was pathetic at times. But like I said, his safety game has improved and that's a good sign for me. His main problem has always been the mental aspect of the game. He always looked like he didn't have a killer instinct. But he's showing improvement there. The work with Chris Henry is paying off.

Postby eraserhead

It's a true test today for Luca first chance of a ranking title, in a long match against a player who has consistently played well this season.

I feel the first session will be more important to Luca ,I think he could do with a 2-3 frame lead going into the evening session.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Luca hasn't been tested at all in this tournament, through no fault of his own, because the top players that we expect to qualify in his half of the draw did not - the likes of O'Sullivan and Robertson, the latter of whom Luca would have played in the opening round had Robbo beaten Hugil and Zhao. You can only play who's in front of you, but i'm sure Luca knows better than anyone else he's had a right walk to the final.

Harsh? Maybe, but I look at Gould's path and the difference is staggering: beating Mark Williams, Judd Trump, Graeme Dott; if that isn't a confidence boost and match practice for a final then I don't know what is.

Both are extremely attacking players, so there'll be chances aplenty for both. That may favour Luca, who doesn't seem to enjoy the safety aspect of the game. For me Luca's potting has to be on form and he has to be playing better than he has so far, anything less and Gould wins for me.

Postby Holden Chinaski

You say Luca doesn't seem to enjoy the safety aspect but that has changed I think. He played some great safety yesterday and didn't go for many crazy pots. It's indeed his potting that has to be good today, his long potting wasn't there yesterday.

Postby hendry_fan

So it,s Gould v Brecel.

As i mentioned yesterday,i aint fussed at all who wins this,as i like both.

I was wrong yesterday as i thought Wilson would beat Brecel,i did,nt see any of the match,but judgin by the scoreing,and reading the comments here,both were as bad as each other,Wilson only had one 50+ break and Brecel had two over 60 and the match in general was full of errors.

Brecel won though and at the end of the day,thats really what counts.

It must be a brilliant feeling for both,as they both have the chance of getting they,re hands on they,re first ever ranking bit o silverware,hopefully there will be more to come for both players in the future.

I predict,that Gould will be the one too start off they,re ranking silverware collection though,mainly due to the fact that he,s been in 2 finals before.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Admittedly I only saw bits and pieces of last night's stuff, so if Luca played some good safety, then fair play. It's been his achilles heel most times i've seen him. Gould for me is just a different animal to Kyren - Kyren is a great all-round player, but Gould on his day can be knocking balls in from the balk cushion. In my eyes, one of the most underrated single ball potters in the game.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:it will be a interesting final with plenty of mistakes basicly the player that makes less mistakes wins.

He played some good stuff in the 2012 UK championship beating Ebdon, Walden and King. He almost beat Shaun Murphy as well. If he had handled the pressure better he would have beaten Murphy, he had him against the ropes.

But no, Luca has never really shown his A game yet.,He played some good stuff here and there but he's never really performed his best yet. He's been playing his C game a lot. The standard was pathetic at times. But like I said, his safety game has improved and that's a good sign for me. His main problem has always been the mental aspect of the game. He always looked like he didn't have a killer instinct. But he's showing improvement there. The work with Chris Henry is paying off.

Ronnie made a good point he has a too long a bridge hand theres too many things that can go wrong with that.

Postby NNear

eraserhead wrote:This will be a very interesting final, you have to make Gould favourite but he did everything to try and loose yesterday.

Luca started well yesterday, maybe rushed a few shots and needs to score heavier today.

Yep. Gould did everything to try and lose yesterday. Hopefully, he can loosen up for the final though and play a less loose game against Brecel. Meanwhile, if Brecel plays as loosely as he did in the SF, it's likely that he'd lose to Gould unless epic chokes of losing proportions happen.

Postby Skullman

First full day I can watch.

Hope Luca does it here, but don't care either way as long as it's a good final.