Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's back injury.

Postby Andy Spark

We just don't know how serious it is yet because Ronnie says whatever he is feeling at the time and is unwilling or unable to give logical analysis on health matters. I suspect we may have to wait for the World Championship before we get to know how serious the back (or any other!) health issue really is.

It could be a serious issue, but equally it is well known that Ronnie does tend to catastrophize health concerns! :chin:

Postby Andre147

I remember Ronnie saying exactly the same thing about his glandular fever back when he won German Masters in 2012. He then also said that if it carried on, he wouldn't play competitively for much longer.

We all know what he won after German...

Not saying this isn't a serious problem, but often it's more down to being it on his head than anything else.

Postby Andy Spark

masterdoctorgenius wrote:wtf is happening

ronnie injured, federer injured

they could both retire this year

Federer is in a young man's game, that's why he's struggling. Ronnie is in a sport of sedate accuracy and the jury is still out on the exact age you should naturally decline; however, there is no question that even in the sedate sports, as you get older you get more susceptible to little physical niggles. Is Ronnie's problem a manageable little niggle? We'll find out by the Word Champs I suppose.

Postby SnookerFan

:zzz:

Same old drivel that Ronnie usually spouts.

My prediction is that he'll win The Crucible, and then threaten to retire again.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote::zzz:

My prediction is that he'll win The Crucible, and then threaten to retire again.

it is getting boring and predictable now.

i thought ronnie was all about unpredictability and nobody knows what he will do next but basically its the same thing all the time.

the most controversial thing ronnie does is not enter events and threaten retirement every few weeks.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie might be boring off the table, on the table he's still more exciting to watch than any other player out there.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

i thought ronnie was all about unpredictability and nobody knows what he will do next but basically its the same thing all the time.

the most controversial thing ronnie does is not enter events and threaten retirement every few weeks.

So you thought Ronnie was unpredictable, but it turns out he is quite predictable after all. Are you saying you would like it if he was more controversial?

I'm struggling to see what your point is. :shrug:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey's point is he hates Ronnie and his fans. And he wishes Ronnie would retire so his idol Selby wouldn't look so bad;

Postby SnookerFan

I think it's just that he's been coming out with the same drivel for years, it's not very interesting.

Not every Ronnie conversation has got to be about Selby.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Wildey's point is he hates Ronnie and his fans. And he wishes Ronnie would retire so his idol Selby wouldn't look so bad;

that cant be further from the truth if you tried.

so you think Ronnie constantly talking about retirement is fresh and Exciting?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

So you thought Ronnie was unpredictable, but it turns out he is quite predictable after all. Are you saying you would like it if he was more controversial?

I'm struggling to see what your point is. :shrug:

my point is Ronnie as a personality is pretty boring.

on the table Ronnie is a exciting player but that where it ends.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Wildey's point is he hates Ronnie and his fans. And he wishes Ronnie would retire so his idol Selby wouldn't look so bad;

No. But the way he plays snooker still is. Have you ever heard Selby talk? Not exciting on or off the table..

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No. But the way he plays snooker still is. Have you ever heard Selby talk? Not exciting on or off the table..

agree he has some standard replies to questions but i find Selby a very exciting player to watch as i do Ronnie, Ding, Robbo, Judd, Williams etc