Post a reply

Hello from Scotland

Postby stateofwonder

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've joined a non-work forum of any sort, so I must admit I'm a little nervous, but I've been lurking for long enough now to finally admit my interest. I'm fairly quiet and mostly content to listen although I might chip in a word every now and again.

I'm from Fife in Scotland not far from where Stephen Hendry grew up. I started watching snooker in the 90s when he was winning everything, and from 2001 went on a thirteen-year hiatus - so apart from recognising RoS and John Higgins (with some difficulty) it feels like I'm starting all over again with the players.

Username - I have terrible hand-eye coordination so I'm perpetually in awe of people who could make a break of any sort.

Re: Hello from Scotland

Postby Cloud Strife

Hi mate. Welcome to forum.

You mentioned being a lurker before signing up. How long were you lurking for? And what made you take the plunge and sign up? Is there anything in particular that you enjoy about this forum?

I look forward to reading your posts. :-)

Postby Gridlock

Greetings and welcome!

Postby stateofwonder

Cloud Strife wrote:Hi mate. Welcome to forum.

You mentioned being a lurker before signing up. How long were you lurking for? And what made you take the plunge and sign up? Is there anything in particular that you enjoy about this forum?

I look forward to reading your posts. :-)

Wow, interview questions :-)

I found you guys after I saw RoS play in the 2014 UK by accident - I'm afraid I wasn't too impressed and couldn't find anything useful in the mainstream media to explain what the fuss was all about (I have obviously missed nearly the entirety of his career - the last time I watched him he just won the 2001 WC against JH), so I googled 'snooker forums' and here you are. I like that you have a sufficiently large number of articulate people with different points of view - I strive to ignore the conflicts! Now having caught up with about 13 years of snooker through youtube I thought I might have something useful to say. I don't have a TV so I'll probably only follow the main tournaments - Welsh Open next.