Post a reply

Re: World Seniors Championship

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I can't believe later in the year, It'll nine years since Dominic Dale won the Shanghai Masters.

Dominic's due a ranking win this year.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I can't believe later in the year, It'll nine years since Dominic Dale won the Shanghai Masters.

Next year. It's got to end in a 7.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Next year. It's got to end in a 7.

I got the numbers 6 and 7 mixed up for no reason at all. <doh>

Postby Gridlock

I been checking in with my phone. Jimmy all the way!

Postby PoolBoy

Darren Morgan beats Jimmy to reach the final!
To be honest, Morgan could still play on the tour - perhaps at 48-64 level.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:C'mon Jimmy ! Can jimmy really win this guys ?

no

Postby QSM

If one of these 2 muppets play like this in the final Morgan might even be in with a shout to win the whole thing.

Postby SavoMilosevic

When I first heard about this Senior's tournament, I thought it would be great to see some old classic battles between the likes of Hendry, S.Davis, Parrott, Taylor, Hallett, Drago, etc. I don't want to watch players who I see every week on the tour. It's a complete joke to let Willaims, Milkins, McLeoud, O'Brien, Dale and M.Davis play in it. It's like Federer, F.Lopez and Stepanek playing in a veteran tennis tournament...

Postby eraserhead

Mark Davis is the world seniors champ.

Was thinking about going today as I live nearish, but after watching bits and pieces of it I'm glad I didn't.

Postby Andre147

So Mavis is 6 Red World Champion, and now World Seniors World Champ.

So he should next aim for the real World Championship, hell, if Bingham could do it, why not Mavis... :roll:

Postby motorhead

Andre147 wrote:So Mavis is 6 Red World Champion, and now World Seniors World Champ.

So he should next aim for the real World Championship

that's exatly what the presenter told him post-match.
Mark looks like a great guy, I'm happy he could snatch the title here. Age talk aside he was second favorite when MJW bombed out so there was some pressure and the best of 3 is not easy on the nerves.
Potted some tough ones, I also liked liked Jimmy's form. The table was speed-of-light fast which made the whole tournament even more enjoyable although players had to adjust and most of the long pots resulted in the cue ball spriting back in baulk like nothing. The digs at Willie Thorne lol, I didn't think would so openly made fun of his gambling troubles.

Last but not least Bond could have probably kocked off Rory, it would have been interesting if had gone all the way to title in terms of deciding whether to call it a career at the end of this season.

Postby TheSaviour

What I found really great about this tournament was Mark J Williams superb form to continue! Some really mind-blasting snooker only he is capable of playing. Even when he lost as a defending champion to Anthony Hamilton straight away. But that was an extremely high quality game, and as a just best of 3, with against really high quality opponent like Anthony is, anything can happen. That Hamilton´s winning clearance was one of the legendary ones the snooker has seen.

If Ronnie O´Sullivan is the most naturally gifted player the sport has ever seen, then Mark Williams is certainly the most interesting mathematician the snooker has ever witnessed. Let´s face it, a much of snooker is just simply mathematics. 16+7+1+3... Just kidding. But obviously all those angles and straight lines are mathematics.

I don´t know. I might find out The Welsh Potting Machine as a favourite to win the Worlds this time. That already was impressive as hell the way he won the last Championships League Group. Those things were always to meant to work. Otherwise I wouldn´t never been bothered to put the effort and work in to follow those groups.... At times some things just might be so "high flying" that people won´t be able to comprehend those before a long time passes away. I have never set any limits or standard to anyone about how good a thing can be, so I am always expecting to get the same treatment back. And at Saturday we finally got the evidence that the old Mark Williams is back!!!! The Welsh Potting Machine. He was the original reason I started to follow snooker and got hooked up back in 2003 or 4. Not Ronnie O´Sullivan like some people seems to think....[/
Last edited by TheSaviour on 01 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheSaviour

TheSaviour wrote:What I found really great about this tournament was Mark J Williams superb form to continue! Some really mind-blasting snooker only he is capable of playing. Even when he lost as a defending champion to Anthony Hamilton straight away. But that was an extremely high quality game, and as a just best of 3, with against really high quality opponent like Anthony is, anything can happen. That Hamilton´s winning clearance was one of the legendary ones the snooker has seen.

If Ronnie O´Sullivan is the most naturally gifted player the sport has ever seen, then Mark Williams is certainly the most interesting mathematician the snooker has ever witnessed. Let´s face it, a much of snooker is just simply mathematics. 16+7+1+3... Just kidding. But obviously all those angles and straight lines are mathematics.

I don´t know. I might find out The Welsh Potting Machine as a favourite to win the Worlds this time. That already was impressive as hell the way he won the last Championships League Group. Those things were always to meant to work. Otherwise I wouldn´t never been bothered to put the effort and work in to follow those groups.... At times some things just might be so "high flying" that people won´t be able to comprehend those before a long time passes away. I have never set any limits or standard to anyone about how good a thing can be, so I am always expecting to get the same treatment back. And at Saturday we finally got the evidence that the old Mark Williams is back!!!! The Welsh Potting Machine. He was the original reason I started to follow snooker and got hooked up back in 2003 or 4. Not Ronnie O´Sullivan like some people seems to think....