Post a reply

918.Com German Masters Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 3rd ~ Sunday 7th of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

Just before Christmas they played two rounds to get the field down to 32 players.

In the last 128 UK Champion Neil Robertson lost 5-1 to amateur Ashley Hugill and in the last 64 it was carnage for Ding Junhui, Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins when they lost to Tian Pengfei, Stuart Carrington and Ian Burns respectively all by 5 frames to 3.

But despite that there are quality that's made it through World Champion Stuart Bingham, World Grand Prix Champion Judd Trump, World no 1 Mark Selby as well as Stephen Maguire, Barry Hawkins, Ali Carter,Mark Williams, Shaun Murphy, Mark Allen, Kyren Wilson and Many More.

It promises to be an exciting week in Berlin but who will win?

DRAW

Last 32

Mark Selby v Steven Hallworth Never played before
Stephen Maguire v Ken Doherty Doherty leads 6-2
Graeme Dott v Tian Pengfei Dott leads 1-0
Alan McManus v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 5-2
Judd Trump v Allister Carter 7-7
Alfie Burden v Zhang Anda Burden leads 4-0
Martin Gould v Mark J Williams Williams leads 2-1
Ben Woollaston v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 4-0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zhao Xintong v Luca Brecel Never played before
Marco Fu v Kurt Maflin Marco Fu leads 2-0
Mark Joyce v Mark Allen Joyce leads 3-1
Mark King v Stuart Carrington Carrington leads 1-0
Ian Burns v Michael Holt Never played before
Rory McLeod v Kyren Wilson McLeod leads 4-1
Ryan Day v Liang Wenbo Day leads 4-3
Fergal O'Brien v Stuart Bingham 4-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: 918.Com German Masters Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

The Eurosport TV guide on their website runs up to Wednesday 3rd February at the moment.

A quick look tells me that the televised coverage starts at 12:45pm and 6:45pm.

Looks like we're getting Colin Murray and Friends again.

Postby whitespider

Xintong vs Brecel is the game that stands out to me. If those two fulfill their potential then this could be the start of a fascinating rivalry. Would be interesting to see.

It's a big IF though of course. The TV won't show it.

Postby SnookerFan

whitespider wrote:Xintong vs Brecel is the game that stands out to me. If those two fulfill their potential then this could be the start of a fascinating rivalry. Would be interesting to see.

Brecel, in particular, I'm beginning to worry about. Just seems to not be progressing like we'd hoped.

A few years back we all said that about Trump though, I guess.

Postby QSM

SnookerFan wrote:
whitespider wrote:Xintong vs Brecel is the game that stands out to me. If those two fulfill their potential then this could be the start of a fascinating rivalry. Would be interesting to see.

Brecel, in particular, I'm beginning to worry about. Just seems to not be progressing like we'd hoped.

A few years back we all said that about Trump though, I guess.

He went from nr. 63 at the start of last season to nr.44 at the start of this season. And provisionally he's up to nr. 36 atm. So he's climbing the ranking, but just not having the big break-through run. These rankings do show he has become a bit more consistent, he usually at least win a couple of matches before he goes out, and he has qualified for every venue (big rankers) so far this year except for the Aussie Open. It's just that always when he seems to get peoples hope up he puts in a real stinker of a performance. (e.g. Selt at the recent UK, played his worst match of the tourney when it really mattered against an opponent he should have beaten imo) I think he'll come good in the end, though I'm not convinced he's destined for greatness (Triple Crown events) as was suggested when he first came onto the scene.

Should be an exciting match with Xintong though, the best amateur in the world (imho).

Postby Prop

I enjoyed this last year. Great venue. ES did a decent job of it too.

Really can't pick a winner though!

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Smart wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm gonna be in NYC. Griddy, how do you watch it?

have they got TV in NYC ?? :gag:

Yup, they got trannies, and a strong LGBT movement in general.

Embarrassing.

Postby SnookerFan

I got a box of lager beer in preparation for this tournament. It was on at the bargain price of £12 for 20-cans.

Also, it helped boost my Nectar Points balance. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Just checking who is playing on weekday evenings, as that is when I am going to be able to watch.

Wednesday evening is easy to predict, as Judd Tramp is playing.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Just checking who is playing on weekday evenings, as that is when I am going to be able to watch.

Wednesday evening is easy to predict, as Judd Tramp is playing.

good idea S/fan.

Can you post up the LIKELY evening matches for 4th, 5th, 6th Feb.

Thanks pal, I will check back on your work later today. :wave:

Postby Master Blaster

Without Robbo, Dingo, Higgo and Ronnieo it's gonna be like going to the hot dog stand and being given a hot dog roll that has one of them ye olde oak canned sausages in it with no ketchup and no mustard.

Selby and Bingo cement their places at the top with grandad snooker, much joy. <doh> Hopefully Judd can put some fireworks and rhythm on to the table.

Postby Smart

Master Blaster wrote:Without Robbo, Dingo, Higgo and Ronnieo it's gonna be like going to the hot dog stand and being given a hot dog roll that has one of them ye olde oak canned sausages in it with no ketchup and no mustard.

Selby and Bingo cement their places at the top with grandad snooker, much joy. <doh> Hopefully Judd can put some fireworks and rhythm on to the table.

M-bater :love: BasherJudd

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Master Blaster is the latest and most recent alter-ego of Cannonball / Cue Guru. :D

more the merrier IMVHPO, I thought he was another of yours to be honest :-D

Smart :bowdown:

It's a good way to pad out member numbers. Opening multiple accounts is a practice that should be encouraged wholeheartedly.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Master Blaster is the latest and most recent alter-ego of Cannonball / Cue Guru. :D

more the merrier IMVHPO, I thought he was another of yours to be honest :-D

Smart :bowdown:

It's a good way to pad out member numbers. Opening multiple accounts is a practice that should be encouraged wholeheartedly.

I agree.

I like it when the same person is having a conversation with him/her self. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
good idea S/fan.

Can you post up the LIKELY evening matches for 4th, 5th, 6th Feb.

Thanks pal, I will check back on your work later today. :wave:

:bird:

Postby SnookerFan

Master Blaster wrote:

I am not Cue Guru, he's a cue maker.

It's a pity your surname wasn't Bater.