Post a reply

RONNIE VS TRUMP OVER 5 NIGHTS FOR £50k

Postby Dan-cat

News bubbling on Twitter that The Rocket will be taking on Trumpy over 5 nights for £50k - winner takes all.

I'm in!

Jason Francis ‏@Snookerlegends 1h1 hour ago
It seems as if @ronnieo147 and @judd147t have agreed to get it on in a best of 5 nights winner takes all clash for 50k @grovesnooker

Re: RONNIE VS TRUMP OVER 5 NIGHTS FOR £50k

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:News bubbling on Twitter that The Rocket will be taking on Trumpy over 5 nights for £50k - winner takes all.

I'm in!

Jason Francis ‏@Snookerlegends 1h1 hour ago
It seems as if @ronnieo147 and @judd147t have agreed to get it on in a best of 5 nights winner takes all clash for 50k @grovesnooker

<ok>

Postby Andy Spark

These days you get better quality snooker on the legends than at the tour. German Masters without Robbo, Ronnie, Ding etc.

Maybe it's the tour players that aren't match sharp for the legends! Maybe all that stuff about Ronnie being rusty wasn't true, it was all the other players that were rusty because they don't have the big match fitness of playing Ronnie at the legends in front of big crowds. :chin:

Postby PoolBoy

Andy Spark wrote:These days you get better quality snooker on the legends than at the tour. German Masters without Robbo, Ronnie, Ding etc.

The German Masters isn't without those 3 players. They all entered, but were eliminated prior to the last 32 stage. Granted, they won't be at the venue, but they were in the tournament!

Postby Cheshire Cat

I've been to the Legends events in the past few years and they were great fun. The pockets look a bit more generous, but it was surprisingly good stuff (tho' Dennis couldn't manage to pull off a single trick shot rofl). Ronnie made an amazing clearance in Belfast last Autumn; Hendry was 60-odd up I believe and Ronnie cleared the table, shame it's not on Youtube or anything.

I'm all for this idea. If you were going to display 'modern' snooker as Hendry likes to call it, you can't go too wrong with Ronnie and Judd. Although.. I won't lie, i'd have liked a Ronnie v Selby over 5 nights. Bit of rivalry thrown into the mix.

Postby Andy Spark

PoolBoy wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:These days you get better quality snooker on the legends than at the tour. German Masters without Robbo, Ronnie, Ding etc.

The German Masters isn't without those 3 players. They all entered, but were eliminated prior to the last 32 stage. Granted, they won't be at the venue, but they were in the tournament!

To some extent this is just an idle question of semantics, however, these three players are not in the German Masters because they didn't qualify. The proper "tournament" (as most perceive it) is a German tournament in Germany.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

To some extent this is just an idle question of semantics, however, these three players are not in the German Masters because they didn't qualify. The proper "tournament" (as most perceive it) is a German tournament in Germany.

I agree to some extent, however many top players are still in it, like defending champ and WN1 Selby, World Champ Bingham or Trump to name a few.

But yeah, what other sport does a top player in the rankings need to play a match elsewhere in the world to qualify for the main event? I can't think of any to be honest.

However, having said that, it's better to have 32 players only at venue than the 64 they had 2 years ago, which really didn't work well.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

I agree to some extent, however many top players are still in it, like defending champ and WN1 Selby, World Champ Bingham or Trump to name a few.

But yeah, what other sport does a top player in the rankings need to play a match elsewhere in the world to qualify for the main event? I can't think of any to be honest.

However, having said that, it's better to have 32 players only at venue than the 64 they had 2 years ago, which really didn't work well.

Yep, Bingham's the man to get the crowds rolling down the aisles. pmsl

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

Yep, Bingham's the man to get the crowds rolling down the aisles. pmsl

Just said many top players are still in it, never said Bingham attracts crowds. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

To be honest its just as unfair on Zhang Anda or Tian Pengfei having to get a visa to play qualifiers for the China Open in the UK.

Answer is take every player to the country of the tournament but how would that work?

look guys if Robbo or Ronnie cant Beat players outside the top 32 to get there then its their problem and not World Snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:What is the point of this O'Sullivan vs Trump garbage?

Meaningless tripe...

Nothing against exhibitions.

Nothing compares to the ranking events though. We shouldn't think it is.

Postby SnookerFan

I just saw the posters. It's best of 11 with 30 second shot clock.

Not quite what I had in mind. When they said it was over five days, I thought they meant it was like The Crucible final being over two days. I thought they were having a snooker marathon.

Not shitty shot clock matches. :zzz: