Post a reply

NEW BBC SNOOKER DEAL ?

Postby GJ

The Telegraph reports that the BBC has retained snooker rights - including the World Championship, UK Championship and Masters - until 2019.

If true is good news as it was feared BBC were ditching snooker.

Only down side means Taylor remains in a job :no: :irk:

Re: NEW BBC SNOOKER DEAL ?

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:Not good news IMVHPO.

They are all so complacent. Snooker needs a shake up, and to rid itself of BBC. <ok>

They need an overhaul of the pundits and commentators they are the problem not the BBC itself.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:

They are all so complacent. Snooker needs a shake up, and to rid itself of BBC. <ok>

They need an overhaul of the pundits and commentators they are the problem not the BBC itself.

yeah but that wont happen, its a cosy old boys club, full of A rated tossers. They do nothing for the sport. Give the whole shooting match to Eurosport. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Or ITV which I think would also do a great job covering the events.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Or ITV which I think would also do a great job covering the events.

But ITV only broadcasts in Great Britain. The BBC and Eurosport broadcast entire Europe.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Or ITV which I think would also do a great job covering the events.

But ITV only broadcasts in Great Britain. The BBC and Eurosport broadcast entire Europe.

I was refering to The Masters, UK and Worlds.

But as it is BBC has those 3 until 2019.

Postby Ronnie79

How would Itv cover the Worlds because they dont have a red button. They could only cover 1 match. I would rather sky or Bt get it

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie79 wrote:How would Itv cover the Worlds because they dont have a red button. They could only cover 1 match. I would rather sky or Bt get it

You'd probably have one match on ITV 1, and the second in ITV 4.

Not good news in my opinion. The BBC are crusty as buck, and the UK Championship is likely to remain as is, ie pitiful.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:

yeah but that wont happen, its a cosy old boys club, full of A rated tossers. They do nothing for the sport. Give the whole shooting match to Eurosport. <ok>

that will never happen they want a host broadcaster to help to fund the sport there is only BBC and ITV 4 in the mix to do that.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:How would Itv cover the Worlds because they dont have a red button. They could only cover 1 match. I would rather sky or Bt get it

You'd probably have one match on ITV 1, and the second in ITV 4.

Not good news in my opinion. The BBC are crusty as buck, and the UK Championship is likely to remain as is, ie pitiful.

ITV 1 will not show matches live during Prime Time and Probably go off air at 4 to show Tipping Point.

Why cant they Work Together and share coverage like they do with World Cups etc

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Itv 1 will never show live snooker matches thats why its all sport on itv 4. That is why itv cant cover the world no way

But these day of age Sky Covers major events in all sport so it doesn't need to be on the Main Channell theres hardly no snooker on BBC 1 either

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:ITV 1 will not show matches live during Prime Time and Probably go off air at 4 to show Tipping Point.

Why cant they Work Together and share coverage like they do with World Cups etc

There isn't the audience for snooker that there is for the World Cup.

BBC and ITV don't share the World Cup because they want to help the sport grow. They share the World Cup because it brings in such massive viewing figures they are happy to share the financial burden. They won't do that for everything. Especially not for a sport that has a fraction of the viewing figures of football.