Post a reply

Yes or No?

Yes, he can because he's the GOAT
82%
No, he can't because he's human like the rest of us
18%

Total votes : 11

POLL: Can Ronnie win the Masters with a damaged back?

Postby Cloud Strife

It has recently come to light that Ronnie O'Sullivan is currently competing in the Masters with a possible broken back.

He has already seen off MJW whilst competing with this debilitating ailment, but can he go all the way? Can he withstand the effects of his injury to somehow claim the trophy against all odds?

And where would this achievement rank amongst his already lengthy list of 'miracles'?

He has previously won this event with a brand new cue. He recently won the UK with a broken foot. Maybe the Masters title now with a broken back?
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 13 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Re: POLL: Can Ronnie win the Masters with a damaged back?

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:He doesn't have a 'broken back'! He apparently just 'twinged' it on a rowing-machine.

Yeah it's not broken otherwise he wouldn't even leave home <laugh> just like his foot wasn't broken, but it was sore, no doubt about it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:Didn't he win the UK champs one year whilst suffering with an STD ???

The man is a walking talking miracle. I bet if he wanted to he could turn water into wine, and bread into fish. All rise for the the almighty Ronnie O. :gag:

I feel you are not taking this poll seriously which is a pity. :td:

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:Didn't he win the UK champs one year whilst suffering with an STD ???

The man is a walking talking miracle. I bet if he wanted to he could turn water into wine, and bread into fish. All rise for the the almighty Ronnie O. :gag:

Contempt, just like the ridiculous prediction contest format you put together. :td:

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Contempt, just like the ridiculous prediction contest format you put together. :td:

The prediction contest has run as smooth as silk, even if I do say so myself. Not really sure what you're moaning about there.

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:The time he won the World Champs whilst in a wheelchair, that was something that blew me away to be honest. it was almost as if he was so determined to win that year that his 2 broken legs would not deter him. He gained hero status that year. :hatoff:

Do you remember the year he won the Irish Masters stoned?

Postby Smart

Pink Ball wrote:
Smart wrote:The time he won the World Champs whilst in a wheelchair, that was something that blew me away to be honest. it was almost as if he was so determined to win that year that his 2 broken legs would not deter him. He gained hero status that year. :hatoff:

No, no I don't, but I would hazard a guess that the answer is somewhere on the internet IMVHPO, IMVHPO. :wave:

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

No, no I don't, but I would hazard a guess that the answer is somewhere on the internet IMVHPO, IMVHPO. :wave:

Look it up, he was stripped of the title in 1998 because it was too embarrassing for Ken Doherty, who lost 9-3.

The night he won Pot Black after getting a paper cut in his eye was awesome too.

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:Talking of courageous sporting achievements......

How about the year that Maguire won the UK champs with a severe shaving rash.

I was nearly in tears when he clinched the trophy. It was like a victory for all sufferers of that terribly debilitating disease. :wave:

Or how about that time Matthew Stevens won the UK during his first stint of homelessness :wave:

Postby Dan-cat

The Ken Doherty/Ronnie ranking title stripping - does that count for Ken's tally? I guess so.

Ironically, and I speak from extensive research, marijuana does not help your game. Well, it can fleetingly make you more focussed but it's short-lived. He should have been lauded for winning it while under the influence!

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:The Ken Doherty/Ronnie ranking title stripping - does that count for Ken's tally? I guess so.

Ironically, and I speak from extensive research, marijuana does not help your game. Well, it can fleetingly make you more focussed but it's short-lived. He should have been lauded for winning it while under the influence!

Nope, it was an invitational at the time :wave: it was a good tournament too

Postby SnookerFan

Technically, I don't think Jesus turned bread into fish. The water into wine miracle is in there, but I think the other one you made up.

Are you thinking if the 5 loaves and 2 fishes story? Where he fed 5000 people, despite only having minimal rations?

:wave: