Post a reply

Does Championship league have any sense?

Yes
25%
No
33%
I don't know
No votes
I don't care
17%
I like turtles
25%

Total votes : 12

Championship league purpose

Postby 151kbar151

According to Wikipedia, Championship league has been introduced to be a qualifier for Premier League. Premier League ended so it is now qualification event for Champion of Champions. But if you look at the winners, everyone will play at Champion of Champions anyway.
So does this tournament have any sense? Yes, it will have sense but only if broadcasted on television and with longer matches (at least best of 5 frames like at Grand prix/World open few years ago or best of 7 frames like at PTC). But now this tournament makes no sense for me. If they want qualification for Champion of Champions, then they should make qualification tournament for players outside top 16 to give them chance to play at Champion of Champions.
What do you think?

Re: Championship league purpose

Postby GJ

Pointless

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Pointless

Robbo wouldn't have reached the century of centuries thing if it wasn'tfor CL. He made 22 in 5 Groups.

Postby GJ

Still I think there are so many events these days its now should be defunct imo

Postby 151kbar151

Andre147 wrote:

Robbo wouldn't have reached the century of centuries thing if it wasn'tfor CL. He made 22 in 5 Groups.

Yes if he will play at every PTC instead of CL that year I think.

Postby GJ

151kbar151 wrote:

My post or tournament?

the CL :wave:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Still I think there are so many events these days its now should be defunct imo

Should have been defunct long ago mate, since Hearn took over actually.

Postby PoolBoy

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I only noticed last week that the darts one has been gone for about three years.

The Darts Premier League, you mean?
No, that's still going - and from strength to strength! It's expanding into the Netherlands this year - but regardless of where it goes, the venues sell-out in no time. It's a huge success.

Postby Skullman

The top players like it because paid match practice. And I think it's one of the few self sustaining events (somehow) on the tour, so Hearn has no reason to get rid of it.

Postby Ronnie79

He meant the Championship league of darts has been jettisoned from the calendar. I dont know why people knock the CL. I love it hope it continues it really is for betting sites at this stage as it is shown using their services

Postby vodkadiet

If it keeps snooker players and snooker fans off the streets then that cannot be a bad thing.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:The top players like it because paid match practice. And I think it's one of the few self sustaining events (somehow) on the tour, so Hearn has no reason to get rid of it.

i guess playing in a shed costs very little but the profit comes from the sale of breakfast to Dave Hendon.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:The top players like it because paid match practice. And I think it's one of the few self sustaining events (somehow) on the tour, so Hearn has no reason to get rid of it.

i guess playing in a shed costs very little but the profit comes from the sale of breakfast to Dave Hendon.

I thought Davey got his breakfast for free? That's why he's always gushing about the place? rofl

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I thought Davey got his breakfast for free? That's why he's always gushing about the place? rofl

My guess is hes funding the tournament with his eating habits.

no other explanation why this rubbish makes a profit.