Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bin

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Do us all a favour and smash this bald runt please, Ronnie.

I don't think I could stomach seeing Wiggum in another major final.

Just imagine Hawkins v Bingham then pmsl

A match not fit for the local pub.

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bin

Postby Cheshire Cat

Funny to think really that if Ronnie overcomes Stuart, he will have effectively beat two of the men that gave him 'big' defeats if you like over the past few years in this one tournament, with a chance to beat a third should Trump make the final; Selby of course beat Ronnie in the world final, Stuart beat him in the quarters last year and Trump beat him in the Grand Prix final. It'd just be one of those quirky little runs of opponents.

That said, Stuart on his day is a solid long potter and good scorer. Should be a good game.

Postby Muppet147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Funny to think really that if Ronnie overcomes Stuart, he will have effectively beat two of the men that gave him 'big' defeats if you like over the past few years in this one tournament, with a chance to beat a third should Trump make the final; Selby of course beat Ronnie in the world final, Stuart beat him in the quarters last year and Trump beat him in the Grand Prix final. It'd just be one of those quirky little runs of opponents.

That said, Stuart on his day is a solid long potter and good scorer. Should be a good game.

I don't think it will be a good game ...for Bingham. He played horribly again tonight and Ronnie will hardly have to get out of second gear to thrash him.

Postby Andre147

Bingham has beaten Ronnie in two of the 3 Triple Crown events, twice at UK Champs, and that one at Worlds.

I think many are underestimating him.

Sure I expect Ronnie to win this one, but things may not go that simple for him as some as suggesting.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Bingham has beaten Ronnie in two of the 3 Triple Crown events, twice at UK Champs, and that one at Worlds.

Sure I expect Ronnie to win this one, but things may not go that simple for him as some as suggesting.

Bingham beats Ronnie only when Ronnie's head isn't right.

This week Ronnie has displayed a really sensible attitude which should mean curtains for Bingham, especially if he plays like he did against Ding and Higgins.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Bingham has beaten Ronnie in two of the 3 Triple Crown events, twice at UK Champs, and that one at Worlds.

I agree.

I think that Bingham is just living his dream after being a journeyman for 15 years. He knows more than anyone else of how to appreciate what he's actually been doing since 2011. And that really can be an advantage and what makes it hard for his opponents.
So even when the pressure is huge in the match, he rather enjoys it than falling apart. I mean, we all expected him to choke in one stage of the WC but he didn't.
Last edited by TheRocket on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

Bingham beats Ronnie only when Ronnie's head isn't right.

This week Ronnie has displayed a really sensible attitude which should mean curtains for Bingham, especially if he plays like he did against Ding and Higgins.

Yes I'dl ove if he hammered poor Bingham, but then again, the match could go close. And remember, Ronnie's head was right in that 2014 UK Semi and he only beat Stuart 6-5. This is my point.