Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final :Mark Allen v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:hawkins is bottling this a tad

That's his and Stevens middle name.

Stevens won 2/3 of the big events at least.

Correct, plus reaching 2 World Finals which he really should have won being well in front.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:5-2. Maybe Hawkins will push on now that he's seen Allen can't hurt him.

I was surprised that he didn't choke against Perry, so maybe he won't here as well.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:5-2. Maybe Hawkins will push on now that he's seen Allen can't hurt him.

Allen can hurt him and unless he tightens up match still on

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Woulda, shoulda, Wild... At the end of the day, world number one can't beat an old man with a bad back :chuckle:

Precisely. Wild is still bitter me thinks. :wave:

im not bitter at all but the fact holden used the bad back excuse had he lost tells me what we would have had tonight absolutely no credit to selby so im glad Ronnie won.

I would have definitely not used the bad back excuse. I was the one telling everyone the bad back thing is silly and not a big deal, you clown.

Selby is the one using excuses. "I was thinking about my tie during the first frames"... rofl

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Woulda, shoulda, Wild... At the end of the day, world number one can't beat an old man with a bad back :chuckle:

Precisely. Wild is still bitter me thinks. :wave:

im not bitter at all but the fact holden used the bad back excuse had he lost tells me what we would have had tonight absolutely no credit to selby so im glad Ronnie won.

I would have definitely not used the bad back excuse. I was the one telling everyone the bad back thing is silly and not a big deal, you clown.

Selby is the one using excuses. "I was thinking about my tie during the first frames"... rofl

lol that was a joke not a excuse

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:This is why Allen may never win one of the Triple Crown events.

Way too inconsistent with his best performances, he's no Selby, Robbo, Murphy who can play great all tournament.

Yeah. And it's not just inconsistency. His peak game is also weaker than that of the very topguys. Allen played at his best in his 2014 WC match against Robertson. But he still got absolutely destroyed. There are probably at least 8 or 9 players who have a better A-game than Allen so everything really needs to be spot on if he wants to win a Triple crown title. Good draw and really have to play at his very best.
Last edited by TheRocket on 14 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Ronnie79 wrote:If Hawkins wins this does anyone think him can win the semi no matter who gets through ?

Unsure. If he plays like he earlier in this match, yes. But someone like Robbo could slaughter him if starts twitching near the winning line.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:If Hawkins wins this does anyone think him can win the semi no matter who gets through ?

For me it will almost be 50/50 if he faces Robbo.

If he faces Trump I think Trump will beat him.