Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:I have faith in Judd. How many tourneys had Ronnie won at his age?

I think Ronnie had two UK Championship titles, one Masters and one World Championship title when he was Judd's age. And around 6 or 7 ranking titles in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I have faith in Judd. How many tourneys had Ronnie won at his age?

I think Ronnie had two UK Championship titles, one Masters and one World Championship title when he was Judd's age. And around 6 or 7 ranking titles in total.

Make that 10 ranking titles. So he was already in double figures by this stage. Also 3 UK Championship titles, not two.

Postby hendry_fan

I have no idea Dan-cat,and i don,t have time to look it up,as i have to go in bout 10 mins,a good mate of mine who emigrated to Austria is back,he,s only been back for a few days and unfortunatley,he,s going back tommorrow,so i,m gonna spend some time with him tonight. :party: :-D

My comment was bout Judd,not Ronnie,Ronnie is a totally diffrent kettle of fish,there,s only one Ronnie O`Sullivan,in fact there,s only one Judd Trump.

Ronnie is Ronnie and Judd is Judd. :-D

The point i was making was,Judd already could,ve or might have won more,even if it was <just> 1 or 2 more tourneys more so far in his still young carreer if he had of gotten this weakness sorted out,and if he gets this weakness sorted,improves on it,then it certainly won,t be a disadvantage in the armoury that he already possesses will it,of course he,s still young and is even still learning and of course still has bags of time to improve on it,i was merely stating that in my eyes it,s a weakness he has,thats just my personal view though.

Many have had "faith" in him,had "faith" that he would,ve won more than what he has won so far, had "faith" that he,d of won the Worlds by now,but he has,nt and has,nt delievered as many thought he would have (so far),we,ll just have to wait n see what he serves up as from now and in the future.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Ronnie im sure had won nearly 30 titles at the same age as Trump. Trump has won 12 with a lot more snooker played these days .

I'm not sure that's entirely correct, but if you count all titles, rankers and non-rankers, then the number shouldn't be too far off that.

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie79 wrote:Ronnie im sure had won nearly 30 titles at the same age as Trump. Trump has won 12 with a lot more snooker played these days .

It's also harder to win s 128 tournament than a 32 man tournament.

Why compare the two exactly? I think Jimmy White was far more similar in style to Trump than Ronnie. And why compare Trump to the best or second best player of all time when nobody seriously thinks he can be as great as Sullivan?

Trump is a fine player with a great future ahead. You don't need to be ROS to be considered a success.