Post a reply

help wet cue

Postby cazmac

Hi guys, I played snooker last week and as normal strapped my cue to the side of my scooter and headed off home the bike was parked in the rain and i left the cue strapped to it all Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning .the cue was soaking wet and bent to hell. The cue is like a piece Plasticine and really easy to bend with the slightest off pressure.
now I straighten it as best I can and am waiting for it to dry out.
My question is will the cue stiffen up and retain it's shape or will it keep bending. :-( :emb:

Re: help wet cue

Postby Andre147

Ask Dominic Dale, he knows everything about cues :chuckle:

Only joking, I have no idea, but probably the latter case will happen...

Postby Holden Chinaski

What a story. I think this cue will never be the same again. Best buy a new one.

Postby cazmac

I think your right holden, looks like it's another new cue for me.

Postby Cue Guru

cazmac wrote:Hi guys, I played snooker last week and as normal strapped my cue to the side of my scooter and headed off home the bike was parked in the rain and i left the cue strapped to it all Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning .the cue was soaking wet and bent to hell. The cue is like a piece Plasticine and really easy to bend with the slightest off pressure.
now I straighten it as best I can and am waiting for it to dry out.
My question is will the cue stiffen up and retain it's shape or will it keep bending. :-( :emb:

It will dry out over time. You need to put it somewhere flat with the chamfer facing up or down. Put a weight on each end, something like a brick or heavy metal object. Let it dry out naturally. A good place is a warm shed, away from light. It may warp slightly but that can be solved as well.

If it was me, I'd sink some long nails either side of the ferrule and also the butt so that it does not move ona workbench, which may discourage warping side to side, then some more down the shaft of the cue. Then the heavy weights on top at both ends and in the middle to stop it bending upwards or downwards.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:This post is a double-entendrist's dream.

I once got told off in a pub for making innuendoes at the barmaid.

I said I'd like to be in her endo.

Postby Cue Guru

The cue will stiffen up, all wood stiffens as it dries, that's the point of wood and strength.