Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Willi

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:

Has Parrot suddenly back playing competitively again? :shock:

Mark Johnston Allen and Hendry :love:

http://cuetracker.net/Head-to-Head/Mark ... hen-Hendry

Yes, Johnston-Allen owned Hendry.

Hendry was so annoyed when he lost that 3rd match that afterwards he said "I am losing to people who shouldn't be in the same room". Hendry was not a great loser.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Yes, Johnston-Allen owned Hendry.

Hendry was so annoyed when he lost that 3rd match that afterwards he said "I am losing to people who shouldn't be in the same room". Hendry was not a great loser.

To be a great winner, you also need to be a bad loser.

Postby Andre147

Did my analysis of this in the pre-tournament discussion, so nothing more to add I think.

Just one more thing, found this link yesterday, with MJW talking, amongst other things, about the prospect of facing Ronnie, and Ronnie's ideia with the Darts thing, which I certainly don't agree with but seems to be gathering some supporters.

http://ronnieo147.com/2016/01/09/in-the-news/

Ronnie will win this one I'm sure.

Postby Skullman

This will be the only match which of the week I'll catch absolutely none of (hopefully).

Not really fussed who wins, but I'll go for Ronnie, because at least he thinks he can beat MJW. Opposite doesn't seem true.

Postby TheRocket

I expect Ronnie to win this tomorrow but I don't think that he'll just put MJW away like as if it's nothing. Many people here are underestimating MJW a lot. He'll be definitely up for this match despite his embarrassing comments he made on twitter.

It'll be also interesting to see how Ronnie will handle the situation tomorrow, given the fact that he hasn't been playing on a big stage since April. It won't surprise me at all if he'll play as good as he did in the 2014 Masters tomorrow but it won't surprise me also if he'll miss some sitters and still look for some match-sharpness.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Jan 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Prop

Skullman wrote:This will be the only match which of the week I'll catch absolutely none of (hopefully).

Not really fussed who wins, but I'll go for Ronnie, because at least he thinks he can beat MJW. Opposite doesn't seem true.

Why hopefully, if you don't mind me asking?

Postby Cloud Strife

Prop wrote:
Skullman wrote:This will be the only match which of the week I'll catch absolutely none of (hopefully).

He probably means that this is the only match that he'll have to miss, and that hopefully he will get to see the rest.

Postby TheSaviour

It would be quite a surprise if Ronnie could win this tournament, given his fragile nature and temperament. I see Judd probably the favourite with his better overall playing. Ronnie is somewhere there in with a shout. O´Sullivan wouldn´t be a bad winner at all if there even ever has been a one..

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Just one more thing, found this link yesterday, with MJW talking, amongst other things, about the prospect of facing Ronnie, and Ronnie's ideia with the Darts thing, which I certainly don't agree with but seems to be gathering some supporters.

http://ronnieo147.com/2016/01/09/in-the-news/

Thanks Andre, this is an interesting round up of articles :)

C'mon The Rocket!!!

Postby Prop

Cloud Strife wrote:
Prop wrote:

He probably means that this is the only match that he'll have to miss, and that hopefully he will get to see the rest.

Ahh, makes sense! I read that wrong!

Postby Andre147

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... r-he-wants

It's not the first time MJW has said this... they pay appearance money in Tennis or Golf for instance for the real top players.

Whilst this could seem very unfair on the players, etc... the fact is MJW is absolutely right, no player in the game generates the amount of buzz when Ronnie is around, and that can only be great for the game.