Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen

Postby Smart

Holden Chinaski wrote:Pink Ball and Smart, Stephen Hendry has said The Masters was always his second favourite tournament to win, after the world championship. Ronnie has said this as well.

The Masters is a prestigious event and it's about history and honor, not ranking points. You guys just don't get that.

Just look at the list of players who've won The Masters since the beginning. It's the elite. It always has a great atmosphere. So many great matches have been played at The Masters because the players want to win it so bad.

I'm going to stop arguing about this now. Let's agree to disagree and just enjoy the snooker.

2nd biggest prize money, they both liked that, how hard is that to understand.

Beating 128 players and winning when careers are on the line (ranking points) means so much more than this glorified bull event.

rankers (any rankers) beats invitational events EVRY bucking TIME <ok> :wave:

Postby Smart

Holden Chinaski wrote:Pink Ball and Smart, Stephen Hendry has said The Masters was always his second favourite tournament to win, after the world championship. Ronnie has said this as well.

The Masters is a prestigious event and it's about history and honor, not ranking points. You guys just don't get that.

Just look at the list of players who've won The Masters since the beginning. It's the elite. It always has a great atmosphere. So many great matches have been played at The Masters because the players want to win it so bad.

I'm going to stop arguing about this now. Let's agree to disagree and just enjoy the snooker.

Perry Mans rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:

2nd biggest prize money, they both liked that, how hard is that to understand.

Beating 128 players and winning when careers are on the line (ranking points) means so much more than this glorified bull event.

rankers (any rankers) beats invitational events EVRY bucking TIME <ok> :wave:

Summed up my feelings quite well there.

Postby Cloud Strife

The Masters is a decent tournament, in fairness. I always considered the UK above it, but since that event has been butchered beyond recognition, the Masters has almost obtained the number 2 spot by default.

Also, I wouldn't take anything Hendry and Ronnie say too seriously as those two have been known to spout some utter bullocks, especially Hendry. The only reason Hendry put this above anything else other than the WC is because it offered the second biggest prize cheque, simple as that.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Not certain what Snookerfan is wearing but he's got both hotdog onions and fosters down the front :emb:

rubbish. That reminds me.

I best put my coat in the wash.

Currently in the Tumble Dryer. :hatoff:

I've taken it out. Clean and dry.

hope this is appropriate here!

Postby Gridlock

Didn't get a chance to post in the head to heads, but did get to watch both streams today in the U.S. ! YAY! Mark Allen looked very good, smurphy tried to play Allens game but failed. Bingo hailed hardy in my opinion! Good matches!

Postby Dan-cat

It's the current best 16 players in the world battling it out for a wedge of money and the prestige, in a single table set up that makes each match feel important. The players want to win it badly. What's not to like?

I've always loved the Masters.