Post a reply

Roll Call

Postby sundaygirl

Had to literally answer 20 questions but I have ordered a ticket for Friday afternoon. Can't go to an evening session this time :-( so no guaranteed Ricky
Picked a random QF.

Re: Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

I got Murphy vs Allen on Sunday afternoon, and Higgins vs Wenbo on Wednesday afternoon. (That's right. I've selected Selecta.)

I'd have gone for Bing vs Ding, but I didn't want an evening match.

Postby sundaygirl

Looks like I've got Trump or Mags vs Robertson or Fu
Quite pleased with any combo there guaranteed to see someone I've never watched live before.
Not too disappointed to have no chance of Ricky was watching him on my phone yesterday at crondon park and tbh it doesn't look like fatherhood been good for his game

Postby pasunegirafe

sundaygirl wrote:Looks like I've got Trump or Mags vs Robertson or Fu
Quite pleased with any combo there guaranteed to see someone I've never watched live before.
Not too disappointed to have no chance of Ricky was watching him on my phone yesterday at crondon park and tbh it doesn't look like fatherhood been good for his game

Have fun at the Masters!
Is your leg ok now?

Postby sundaygirl

The leg is much improved* Thanks for asking
Stairs are still a little tricky so if the see someone tumbling down and causing a scene that will be me!

*as long as I remember to do my extremely dull physio "exercises"

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:The leg is much improved* Thanks for asking
Stairs are still a little tricky so if the see someone tumbling down and causing a scene that will be me!

Can you get seats down the front for being disabled?

Postby sundaygirl

Tbh I didn't ask I'm 95% okay now and don't particularly like sitting on the front row.
I prefer a good view to getting my face on the telly.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Tbh I didn't ask I'm 95% okay now and don't particularly like sitting on the front row.
I prefer a good view to getting my face on the telly.

Actually, front row seats are a bit rubbishy, unless you're one of those hammers that like to get on TV.

The ones I got at The Crucible were okay, but a lot of times you're eye-line is direct with the side of the table, so you don't get to see anything. The front row I had at the COC were a bit rubbish, as well. They were at the baulk area, and I kept having players stand in way way.

I was upgraded for free when I got there. I was happy for about two seconds, until I remember I hate sitting in the baulk area.

Postby pasunegirafe

sundaygirl wrote:The leg is much improved* Thanks for asking

Good to hear your leg has improved! <ok>
Will look out for someone tumbling down those stairs and crashing into the players <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:Good to hear your leg has improved! <ok>
Will look out for someone tumbling down those stairs and crashing into the players <laugh>

It's just as likely to be me after a few pints. :wave:

Postby pasunegirafe

SnookerFan wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:Good to hear your leg has improved! <ok>

It's just as likely to be me after a few pints. :wave:

<laugh> ... :| in the afternoon? :?
I hope your seat isn't too high up <laugh>

Postby OneFourSeven

Looking forward to this tournament now, always good to have something to look forward to in January! Always a bit of a lottery what matches you are going to get when you book tickets up early.......I've got Higgins v Liang and Robbo v Fu which should be a good one.

Postby SnookerFan

OneFourSeven wrote:Looking forward to this tournament now, always good to have something to look forward to in January! Always a bit of a lottery what matches you are going to get when you book tickets up early.......I've got Higgins v Liang and Robbo v Fu which should be a good one.

Hey, I'll be up there for Higgins vs Wenbo.

Postby OneFourSeven

Are you going to any other matches this year? I'm there all day on Wednesday, a couple of years ago I was at the Hawkins Walden match which went to a deciding frame at about half twelve! Could see people checking their watches after every frame to see how long they could stay before the last tube. Only a handful left at the end!

Postby sundaygirl

I was one of that handful :-D

Really looking forward to Friday now :hyper:

SnookerFan who would you rather see play Trump?

I don't mind either. I've not seen Fu live before but on the other hand seeing Robertson with you will be a reunion of sorts as our first meeting was at a Robertson/Hendry match.

Postby SnookerFan

Probably Robbo. Just think it'll be a better match.

But like Fu too.