Post a reply

Attending the Snooker Shootout, have a question

Postby Joethe147

Hi everyone.

I'll be going to all days of the Snooker Shootout in February. It'll be the first snooker tournament I've been to since the 1998 Irish Masters final, one of the few occasions a player tested positive for a banned substance! I'm actually curious if there's others.I'm sure there must be but this is the only one that I know.

I'm really just wondering about access. It's general admittance, but as it's one of the more relaxed events, would there be a better chance of getting pictures and such? Would love to meet Ken again, met him in '98, such a great fella. Anyone else too of course.

Thanks.

Re: Attending the Snooker Shootout, have a question

Postby Andre147

Hello Joe, and first of all Welcome to the Forum mate <ok>

As far as I'm aware that is the only instance when a player was stripped off a title because he tested positive for an illegal substance, in this case cannabis. But I think there have been other instances when a player was disqualified from a tournament, Kirk Stevens I think may be one example. Ronnie was such in a bad place then, I was too young to follow Snooker back then but have seen numerous features about that particular period and of course Ronnie's book also helps to know more about this. Just glad that wasn't a ranking event and only an invitational one. <laugh>

But getting to your question, I think the more relaxed atmosphere at the Shoot-Out allows you to for instance bring your own food and drinks to the venue, I've seen lots of guys with a huge cup with beer on their hands there. Plus as you probably know they can shout and make lots of noise whilst the players are playing, on Sunday though things tend to get a bit quieter but still not the absolute silence you see at most events, far from it.

Postby TheSaviour

I don´t know much about the details, but remember the snooker shooutout also is about players getting their duty and duties done. Don´t expect too much. I have come across with some little b"#"¤% who can´t really understand or accepts that. That there are so many incredibly good star players, but players also just needs to get on and get their duties done. Understand the traditions of it. There are those, you know..

Postby Joethe147

Pink Ball wrote:
Joethe147 wrote:I'll be going to all days of the Snooker Shootout in February.

Why?

Because I got tickets for Christmas from family for all three days. The event barely registers on my radar usually, but I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Thank you all who posted.

Postby SnookerFan

Joethe147 wrote:
Because I got tickets for Christmas from family for all three days. The event barely registers on my radar usually, but I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Thank you all who posted.

No problem. :hatoff: