Post a reply

Re: Championship League 2016 !!!!

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie lost this it would mean 2 more days of match sharpness for Masters, but I know he'll likely withdraw from the event in that case.

And he says he loves it :john:

Postby Andre147

I know what would be really funny, if Ronnie won this and then withdrew from Winners Group. rofl

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:I know what would be really funny, if Ronnie won this and then withdrew from Winners Group. rofl

What would happen if Ronnie did this? Who would replace him then?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:And another century.

Clive describes them as "fusion of design and technique"

Clive :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know what would be really funny, if Ronnie won this and then withdrew from Winners Group. rofl

What would happen if Ronnie did this? Who would replace him then?

My guess is the group would be reduced to only 6 players, same format.

Postby Andy Spark

Ronnie made more centuries in this event than every other player's total put together! Amazing! :-)
Last edited by Andy Spark on 05 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Yes his only shaky performances came against MJW and Higgins, apart from that Ronnie was simply sublime, no other word for it :bowdown:

7 centuries in 2 days play, haven't seen him play this good since probably the CoC Final.

But CL means little, he needs to do it at a big event like The Masters. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Group 2 6th and 7th of January
Group 3 25th and 26th of January
Group 4 27th and 28th of January
Group 5 22nd and 23rd of February
Group 6 24th and 25th of February
Group 7 29th of Feb and 1st of March
Winners Group 2nd and 3rd of March

Group 2 Players

Robert Milkins
Mark J Williams
Ricky Walden
Barry Hawkins
Mark Selby
Judd Trump
Joe Perry

DRAW and GROUP TABLE

ORDER OF PLAY

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Another century! Vintage Ronnie. :hatoff: This game is just too easy for Ronnie sometimes. Totally humiliated his opponents..

Strange how important Championship league is today compared to last year.

Fact is this means marmite this year last year or the previous god knows how many years this rubbish been going for.

Masters on Sunday that where it counts not in a shed in essex.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie after winning Group 1:

http://www.championshipleaguesnooker.co ... one-crown/

“It is good to get through; I played some decent matches but didn’t feel like I played that well but my scoring would suggest otherwise,” said a delighted O’Sullivan.

“I felt I could cue a bit better but my focus was good, my mental approach was good and that is probably what held it together.

“My mental skills are good and that keeps me in the game these days and my ability to score amongst the balls always gives me a chance. There are areas of my game that need improving on if I am to dominate and win how I used to win, but maybe I shouldn’t be thinking that, maybe I should be just enjoying this new phase.

“It would be nice if I could bottle the scoring this week and take it to the Masters but it is a different tournament, different setup but I am pleased to have had a few matches and I look forward to getting going in the Masters now.

“800 is a nice milestone to get to. 1000 would be good but I will probably have to play for another three or four years to get that, but we will have a go,” he added.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Another century! Vintage Ronnie. :hatoff: This game is just too easy for Ronnie sometimes. Totally humiliated his opponents..

Fact is this means marmite this year last year or the previous god knows how many years this rubbish been going for.

That's poor from you Wild :td: Who here said CL this year was important? Nobody, it's just nice to watch Ronnie play this well, no matter what event he's playing.

Of course this means little, he could well play marmite next week.

We are just enjoying this masterclass from Ronnie these 2 days, especially today. The Masters is the real deal.

Postby Wildey

its stating fact mate.

What is poor is having a go at other players playing decent stuff just because its championship league and when Ronnie plays Great things are different let be consistent FFS

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

It's just about appreciating his performance over the last two days which every Snookerfan should do. Nothing else. You're again reading too much into this. We all know that this is a tiny non tournament basicially.