Post a reply

Players to watch in 2016...

Postby PoolBoy

Which 3 players do you tip to 'catch-the-eye' in 2016?
I'll offer:
    Luca Brecel
    Ollie Lines
    Zhao Xintong
Luca Brecel. Hasn't made the expected breakthrough as quickly as many anticipated. However, he's still only 20 and is currently sitting at a career-high ranking of 36. I expect him to 'kick on' this year, with more consistent performances elevating him to near the top 20.

Ollie Lines. Doesn't have the luxury of being guaranteed a place on tour next season, so needs to finish inside the top 64, and is currently hovering around that mark. (there are other ways of qualifying, of course, through PTC Order of Merits etc). He seems to have the ability and temperament to automatically clinch his place inside the top 64 - and I can see him consolidating, then improving his ranking throughout the rest of the calendar year.

Zhao Xintong. An extraordinary talent from China! Just 18 and has already reached the World Amateur Final twice...Arguably the top snooker player not currently on the pro tour - I feel sure he'll make it in 2016, even if it requires qualifying through Q-School.

Re: Players to watch in 2016...

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:My player/s to watch: Ronnie O'Sullivan

yea with binoculars outside his house :bum: :inlove: :limp2: :drool: :lov:

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:My player/s to watch: Ronnie O'Sullivan

yea with binoculars outside his house :bum: :inlove: :limp2: :drool: :lov:

rofl
<ok>
:cracker:

Postby Andre147

If by players to watch you mean young up and coming players, then I have these, at least in Luca's case I strongly hope he proves me correct, one of my favourites to watch:

Luca Brecel: as you said above, as yet to really make an impact but he's only 20 after all and had an excelent run to the semis of Welsh Open last season, beating Selby along the way, only to be stopped by a very good Higgins. I do hope he carries on and pushes on, I have expected great things from him since a long time ago so I hope his new approach to the game and working with this new coach helps his game.

Anthony McGill: Not had great results since his good runs at the UK Champs and more recently at the Worlds, but I think he may have a good year in 2016 and establish himself as a player capable of winning a big tournament like Kyren Wilson did.

Oliver Lines: I also think he may have a good year next, like his style of play and he seems like a player who is just around the corner ready for some good big scalps.

Could name a few others, but these 3 I feel may have a good year. As I said above, in Luca's case that's my wish, if the other 2 don't have a good year I won't be that fussed about it really.

Postby TheSaviour

The most important thing is we need to watch is that no-one is not living in a deluded world, in terms of toughness of competition. You don´t wan´t to your opponent to be deluded even if it would work in your own favour. It´s no fun or beneficial on a larger scale and on a long run. I hate it. You wan´t that people are up for the job and to compete. To know where you are, what is the situation.

I have never been afraid of tough competition and a many, many great players to tough it out and fancing the job. That´s the real world´s win win - situation. You don´t need to be worried about the situation been "too good". Because it never isn´t. Life has always some nasty surprises which you can´t comprehend, think, predict, preapare or understand. Whether you call it a God´s will, destiny, luck, physical reality or whatever. I mean all kind of illnesses, health threats and so on. Life has a luxury to tolerate a win win - situation, and everything is always the same and nothing changes.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:The most important thing is we need to watch is that no-one is not living in a deluded world, in terms of toughness of competition. You don´t wan´t to your opponent to be deluded even if it would work in your own favour. It´s no fun or beneficial on a larger scale and on a long run. I hate it. You wan´t that people are up for the job and to compete. To know where you are, what is the situation.

I have never been afraid of tough competition and a many, many great players to tough it out and fancing the job. That´s the real world´s win win - situation. You don´t need to be worried about the situation been "too good". Because it never isn´t. Life has always some nasty surprises which you can´t comprehend, think, predict, preapare or understand. Whether you call it a God´s will, destiny, luck, physical reality or whatever. I mean all kind of illnesses, health threats and so on. Life has a luxury to tolerate a win win - situation, and everything is always the same and nothing changes.

PARKLIFE!

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:The most important thing is we need to watch is that no-one is not living in a deluded world, in terms of toughness of competition. You don´t wan´t to your opponent to be deluded even if it would work in your own favour. It´s no fun or beneficial on a larger scale and on a long run. I hate it. You wan´t that people are up for the job and to compete. To know where you are, what is the situation.

PARKLIFE!

Hahaha!!! Is this Saviour guy for real? I've read a few of his posts and they're all a bit... odd.

Postby SnookerFan

Postby TheSaviour

I watched a bit snooker from Hamza Akbar. The guy who recently lost to Ronnie at the German Masters Qualifiers. There were a hell of a lot of wisdom on his snooker, even I for once was caught with pants down. And that wisdom also happened to include the knowledge and information that there´s nothing else to do than to wait another year to try to do it again! He got beat, but he is strong lad, he can take and digest it. I can usually see a straight through other people, so I wouldn´t say that just for somebody.

Postby NNear

In terms of the young Chinese players, what separates Zhao Xintong from say... Zhou Yuelong?

Postby SnookerFan

NNear wrote:In terms of the young Chinese players, what separates Zhao Xintong from say... Zhou Yuelong?

Dennis Taylor's attempt spelling?

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:I watched a bit snooker from Hamza Akbar. The guy who recently lost to Ronnie at the German Masters Qualifiers. There were a hell of a lot of wisdom on his snooker, even I for once was caught with pants down. And that wisdom also happened to include the knowledge and information that there´s nothing else to do than to wait another year to try to do it again! He got beat, but he is strong lad, he can take and digest it. I can usually see a straight through other people, so I wouldn´t say that just for somebody.

Hamza made you take your pants down?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Because of my dalliance with a certain female Belgian, I have officially become a Luca fan and I will now watch his career with renewed interest. I really do hope Ronnie coaches him.

We get it. You pulled a Belgian bird. :zzz:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Because of my dalliance with a certain female Belgian, I have officially become a Luca fan and I will now watch his career with renewed interest. I really do hope Ronnie coaches him.

Where is she from in Belgium?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Well, you're always telling us what you've been eating :P

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well, you're always telling us what you've been eating :P

Well played, sir. I retract my earlier complaint. :emb:

Postby whitespider

Saw Xintong play yesterday. Could have been an off day for him. First frame he looked pretty special - Woollaston was shaking his head at some of his pots. Then his radar went off and he lost his head. Woollaston played very well though.

Xintong has talent - no doubt about it. A long long way to go though.