Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 3 !!!!

Postby Wildey

The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (17 April – 3 May 2010)

Saturday 1 May

10am

Greame Dott 10-6 Mark Selby

2.30pm

Neil Robertson 15-9 Ali Carter

7pm

Greame Dott v Mark Selby

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 3

Postby Roland

Right now it looks like a repeat of the 2006 quarter-final which was a very good match if I remember rightly.

Selby needs to take this session 5-3 to stand any chance. Of course he's well capable of it but if Dott takes the first frame or worst case the first 2 frames then it's game over already.

Postby Roland

I've a feeling you may be right. Selby knows every miss will cost him the frame so he's under enormous pressure. He badly needs this first mini-session 3-1 but that's a tall order the way Dotty is playing.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I've a feeling you may be right. Selby knows every miss will cost him the frame so he's under enormous pressure. He badly needs this first mini-session 3-1 but that's a tall order the way Dotty is playing.

Be interesting is Plan B comes to the fore this morning.................................

Postby Roland

He certainly needs to tie the balls up to stop Dott scoring but Dott knows the plan B game himself, I've seen him use it many a time so it won't work as well as it does against Ronnie.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:He certainly needs to tie the balls up to stop Dott scoring but Dott knows the plan B game himself, I've seen him use it many a time so it won't work as well as it does against Ronnie.

there was a funny one yesterday when Dotty was frustrated at the lay of the balls and played an awful 3 ball plant type shot and gifted the frame.....

I dont mind the plan B especially if the other guy is up to the challenge and wont get frustrated - Dotty has the armoury to play that type of game. First 4 frames are crucial to the outcome of this match................

Postby Roland

Well in the first session Selby was the one who played some frustrated shots so even he has his limits where he'll push the boat out in frustration. I remember one frame in session one it was over 16 minutes before the first attempted pot!

I also remember this scenario:

Selby was about 40 points-ish ahead and he was on a colour. I was saying "Behind the brown, game over" and he went and took on the green, missed it and left Dotty right in amongst the reds and he duely cleared.

Unforced errors :no:

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:jesus christ Dott cant pass water in to the sea this morning

:chin:

plenty of room to get on the blue the same as theres enough room to snake hiss in the sea <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:jesus christ Dott cant snake hiss in to the sea this morning

Don't take the snake hiss. That sounds like a serious medical complaint.

well not being able to get on open balls hanging over the pocket could be terminal lol

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Why is Davis making such a big deal? I was wondering when they were going to do a re-rack. Davis and King did a re-rack in their match when the balls were everywhere. I was more suprised the first time it happened.

that was never a re rack situation all that happened was balls moving wrong side of the table...

so if balls are spread all over a table theres a re rack :?