Post a reply

Re: Who is your player of 2015?

Postby Prop

Got to be Robertson.

Matt (Pro Snooker Blog) did this as a poll on Twitter and unsurprisingly Robertson got the majority.

Really looking forward to the Masters now, there's some potential crackers. And some guy called Ronnie should keep everyone guessing.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Got to be Robertson.

Matt (Pro Snooker Blog) did this as a poll on Twitter and unsurprisingly Robertson got the majority.

Really looking forward to the Masters now, there's some potential crackers. And some guy called Ronnie should keep everyone guessing.

Do you play rugby?

Postby daraghj82

john Higgins for me , a great resurgence for john this season so far, 3 ranking titles I think, had he got past robbo in the uk he could have won it, I would mention bingham as well

Postby Dan-cat

daraghj82 wrote:john Higgins for me , a great resurgence for john this season so far, 3 ranking titles I think, had he got past robbo in the uk he could have won it, I would mention bingham as well

I can't decide. which tells me something... there's no clear cut front runner this year. Robbo's done well in last two comps but relatively toilet in the rest of the season. Higgo also done well in a couple, but had some pretty poor losses too (should have won that decider last week.)

The fact that Higgo is even in this conversation is pretty amazing though, given his previous two years.

Daragh - is your picture a pixelated Michael Schumacher?

Postby Andre147

Hard to decide between Higgins and Bingham for me.

Robbo doesn't really come into it because he only really started plying well by the end of the year, not a whole year.

Consistency wise I'll probably go with Higgins who managed to win Welsh Open, Aussie Open and IC, and almost reaching Semis of UK.

But Bingham of course was a huge surprise as a WC winner and played superb all tournament, having had one of the toughest draws posible with the likes of Dotty, Ronnie, Trump and Murphy.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Hard to decide between Higgins and Bingham for me.

Robbo doesn't really come into it because he only really started plying well by the end of the year, not a whole year.

Consistency wise I'll probably go with Higgins who managed to win Welsh Open, Aussie Open and IC, and almost reaching Semis of UK.

But Bingham of course was a huge surprise as a WC winner and played superb all tournament, having had one of the toughest draws posible with the likes of Dotty, Ronnie, Trump and Murphy.

I totally agree with everything in your post <ok>

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Prop, you elusive newbie, welcome. Who's your fave?

Hi mate. Of current players? Tough to answer as I actually find it hard work watching ROS these days for some reason and the rest of the little bunch of Robbo, Selby, Smurph, Trump are all tightly packed in terms of ability and entertainment. It's very open so I couldn't answer for the present day. It seems like each season any one of those is the man.

All time - I'm split between Hendry and ROS. Started watching and playing snooker as a kid in the late 80s so I got to witness and appreciate how they both came along and shook things up. Can't say any other player has done the same since.

Postby Prop

[/quote]Do you play rugby?[/quote]

Nope. Just snooker. And sometimes pool.

Postby vodkadiet

I will delay judgement until The World Senior qualifiers have been completed...

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I will delay judgement until The World Senior qualifiers have been completed...

Good call.

A good run by Dessie Sheehan could change everything. <ok>

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, Robbo's loss might have changed some opinion.

It never changed mine <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:

Hence, I used the word 'some'.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

I know you did, I'm not blind :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

I know you did, I'm not blind :wave:

I know you know I did. I am also not blind. :wave:

Postby TheSaviour

It is a good idea from Neil to bring his son to lift the trophy. I hate to use the word "magic", but what is that is when a kid is 2 or 3 years and you lift him or her and chase him or her, and then compare that to the situation when he or she actually starts to make some sense and talk about things. That´s funny.