Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Semi Finals!!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Think it will be similar to 2004 final

I disagree. I think it will be similar to the 2001 final.

SO :-D <ok>

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ken Doherty looks like a lesbian

what does a lesbian look like? :chin:

Take a look in the mirror.

pmsl

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ken Doherty looks like a lesbian

what does a lesbian look like? :chin:

Take a look in the mirror.

pmsl

Just messing with ya boss. :hatoff:

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

2004 was a huge favourite against massive underdog just like this year. 2001 was a bit tighter going into the final.

What a waste of talent David Gray was, although Perry should have been in the final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Alex0paul wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

2004 was a huge favourite against massive underdog just like this year. 2001 was a bit tighter going into the final.

What a waste of talent David Gray was, although Perry should have been in the final.

He did his job by beating Mark Selby in the 2003 Scottish Open :wave:

Postby Skullman

Incidentally, I looked up that stat for you SO. Previous whitewashes in UK semis:

Steve Davis 9-0 Terry Griffiths 1980
Steve Davis 9-0 Jimmy White 1981

Postby PLtheRef

I believe tonight is the first Semifinal whitewash in the UK Championship since 1981 and Davi defeating Jimmy White 9-0 at Preston

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:Incidentally, I looked up that stat for you SO. Previous whitewashes in UK semis:

And those finals were won by margins of 10 and 13 frames respectively

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Incidentally, I looked up that stat for you SO. Previous whitewashes in UK semis:

Steve Davis was a machine, wasn't he :shocked:

He also won the finals in those years, 16-6 and 16-3. Easy to forget how far above the rest he was sometimes...

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Crazy that Steve Davis only won 6 World Titles.

He should really be on 8 world titles.

If a similar tour had existed back then to what we have now, he'd probably be on upwards of 50 world ranking titles.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Liang will destroy Robbo. <ok>

you dont half talk a lot of crap.

on what grounds or fact do you work that one out?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

If a similar tour had existed back then to what we have now, he'd probably be on upwards of 50 world ranking titles.

Hendry should have won 9 aswell

in 1997 he out potted Doherty and he made 5 centuries but his arrogance wouldn't let him compete in the scrappy frames thinking he would just make enough frame winning breaks to win the match and in 2002 he underestimated Peter Ebdon

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

in 1997 he out potted Doherty and he made 5 centuries but his arrogance wouldn't let him compete in the scrappy frames thinking he would just make enough frame winning breaks to win the match and in 2002 he underestimated Peter Ebdon

Yes, but Hendry should also have lost 2 that he won in 92 and 94 putting him back on 7.

Davis dominated his 6 titles and didn't have any handed to him. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes, but Hendry should also have lost 2 that he won in 92 and 94 putting him back on 7.

Davis dominated his 6 titles and didn't have any handed to him. :wave:

Davis lost to Joe Johnson ffs he got exact what he deserved

Postby SnookerFan

Jeez, some people talk some cobblers.

You win what you win, you lose what you lose. There's no should about it.

Besides, if we want to name players who didn't turn their talent into titles, it seems odd that the first name you think of is Steve Davis. <doh>

Postby Vallomas

Back to Liang's reaction, some interesting tweets:

Mark Williams MBE ‏@markwil147
I know itslot of pressure out there and its very important but i dont like it wen they react like tha wen they win. At least shake hamds 1st

Mike Dunn ‏@mikedunn147
Shake his hand like a man and look him in the eye,don't just dismiss him like a peace of dirt and jump around like a frog on a trampoline.

Craig Steadman ‏@stedz1
Pathetic handshake...

Postby SnookerFan

I'd got bored of the match, so didn't see the handshake or lack thereof.

But I kind of agree. I understand they all want to win. But, snooker is such a gentleman's sport in a lot of ways. Seems a shame that you don't congratulate your opponent before celebrating.

Postby AC or LT?

Finally settled back home and eating dinner whilst reading through this thread after a day at the Barbican. Too tired too write a comprehensive summary of the day but here's a brief one:

Wenbo v Grace - Almost certainly the worst match I've ever seen at a pro event, and definitely the worst I've ever seen beyond a Last 32 stage of a tournament. I don't have a problem with long matches that involve a lot of safety play of a high standard but when it's a dull blob fest between Rod Lawler's younger brother and a Chinese cross between Ebdon and Dechawat Poomjaeng's much less funny younger brother I've got issues. I managed to stick it out until 5-4 before I had to leave for sanity (along with at least a hundred others by this point). I've heard the BBC were trying to spin this as exciting tough match play snooker - I have some chocolate fireplaces sell to anyone who bought that. The century from Lliang was a rare moment of good snooker. I often complain lower ranked players struggle to make a living out of snooker but to be honest if they're all that bad then they don't deserve too.

Selby v RobertsonReally really wish this was the afternoon session as I'd have much preferred to watch this in the entirety. Unfortunately had to leave at the mid-session and wasn't able to watch the rest of the match on the way home. The scoreline suggests Robertson was unplayable, the reality is Selby was away with the fairies when it came to positional play, which is a shame as he started with a cracking 50 break that made the afternoon session look like two randoms off the street had been given a turn. It was refreshing to watch an actually decent standard of snooker that was quite competitive regardless of the scoreline.

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Liang will destroy Robbo. <ok>

you dont half talk a lot of crap.

on what grounds or fact do you work that one out?

And I have heaps of respect for you too.

As for your deranged posts about Hendry, he did not deserve nine world titles. He stole the world crown from Jimmy at least twice and was outplayed by Ebdon on another occasion.

Davis was a much more dominant force.

If Liang wins, I expect a grovelling apology from you.