Post a reply

Betway UK Championship Quarter Finals!!!!

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Tuesday 24th of November~Sunday 6th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

With three days left, we are down to last eight in the UK championship. With some further 'shock' exits of former winners Judd Trump and Shuan Murphy, Marco remains as the last top 16 seed in the top half of the draw. With him are his countryman Liang Wenbo, conqueror of Judd Trump, Martin Gould and local pro David Grace, in his first ranking quarter final.

The bottom half has some more familiar names for this stage of a major event, with former World and UK champions, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and Mark Selby in the mix, with the addition of the ever improving Matt Selt.

Who will make it to the semi finals?

Quarter Finals

David Grace v Martin Gould Gould leads 2-0
Liang Wenbo v Marco Fu Fu leads 3-1
----------------------------
Neil Robertson v John Higgins Higgins leads 11-8
Matthew Selt v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betway UK Championship Quarter Finals!!!!

Postby GJ

May the best man win in tie of the round

The others not fussed who wins

Postby Andre147

I don't have a particular favourite for Higgins v Robbo, just hoping for a cracking match like Grand Prix in 09.

For the other afernoon match, I favour Liang a tad given what he's done in this tournament, but Fu too is playing very well.

Postby GJ

Amazing the bookies have Higgins and ding as same odds for worlds

Mind boggling

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Amazing the bookies have Higgins and ding as same odds for worlds

Mind boggling

Ding can lose to anyone on Tour these days, nevermind be same odds as Higgins <laugh>

Postby Vallomas

David Grace has made a fantastic run so far and he looks like a very kind guy, that makes him likeable. I would fancy to go further, but he faces Gould and maybe it's too much for him.

Selt wasn't great against Brecel and I don't think that he has the bottle to beat a player like Selby, but I think he has a chance. Liang v Fu will be very interesting and I favour the Chinese a little more.

As for the cracker of the quarter final round, I just hope to watch a great match. I favour Higgins of course, but don't mind very much if Robbo plays well and wins.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Dan-cat wrote:Didn't watch anything last night as I got free tickets to the Happy Mondays at Brixton Academy - soooo good. 'You're twisting my melon man, you know you talk so hip'

WENBO!

I love a good fist pump me

I saw them at the o2 in Glasgow 2 weeks ago. A short and sweet gig and the sound was quite poor.

Postby hendry_fan

David Grace v Martin Gould Gould leads 2-0
Liang Wenbo v Marco Fu Fu leads 3-1
----------------------------
Neil Robertson v John Higgins Higgins leads 11-8
Matthew Selt v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-0

Grace and Gould have done brilliant to get this far and one o them is gonna go even further.

I,d like Gouldy to win this one though.

I think Fu will win this encounter with Wenbo,but i hope i,m wrong as i,d like Wenbo to win.

I think Selby will be too strong for Selt,Selts had a great run but Selbs will stop it tonight.

What can one say bout the Robbo/Higgins match,an absolute :cracker: .

It,s a tall order that Robbo repeats the performance he served up yesterday,but you never know.

He might not be able to repeat it,but either way,i think he,ll still play at least good today.

Higgins also played very good yesterday,but lost the plot a bit in the middle of the match,he,ll have to go up a gear and stay on it if he,s got a chance against Robbo today.

COME ON JOHN,your not far away now from winnin yet another UK CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE. :happy:

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:'Old Tom Ford, gets easily bored'

The new version of Snooker Loopy is writing itself.

rofl

Postby Andre147

Looking forward to this Robbo v Higgins match :-D I hope it lives to it's expectation and doesn't disappoint and be one sided.

I'll have one eye on the other match as well.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Looking forward to this Robbo v Higgins match :-D I hope it lives to it's expectation and doesn't disappoint and be one sided.

I'll have one eye on the other match as well.

Yes that could be a good match. If Higgins finds a bit of form a couple of Robbo toilet breaks won't bother him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Robertson vs Higgins is one of those matches where I wish it was possible for both to lose.

For me it's Selt vs Selby...

Well, there's another one. We've had quite a few of them this week.