Post a reply

Betway U K Championship Last 16!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 24th of November~Sunday 6th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

The Last 16 stage begins, and now the tournament gets a diferent atmosphere with a 2 table setup, so all matches will be televised from now on.

We've had quite a few surprising results, most notably former World Champion Peter Ebdon beating the current one by 6 frames to 3, and also Liang Wenbo winning 6-4 against Judd Trump after being 4-1 down. Martin Gould also had a good win against Mark Allen, and earns a meeting with Joe Swail, who appears to be rolling back the years. Shaun Murphy, Marco Fu, Tom Ford and John Higgins also had confortable wins, with former champion of this event Mark Selby surviving a huge battle against Jamie Jones, narrowly winning 6-5.

But the biggest moment was yet to come, Thailand's ThepChaiya Un-Nooh had the best chance of his life to make his first competitive maximum break, but unfortunately missed a fairly easy final black. Robertson duly responded in the next frame with the highest break of the tournament, a sublime 145 total clearance. A couple of hours later, a repeat of last year's amazing feat at this very same tournament happened, Dechawat Poomjaeng did a Nigel Bond and recovered from 5-0 down to beat Mark Joyce 6-5.

Who shall win their respective encounters and earn a Quarter-Final place?

Last 16

Peter Ebdon v David Grace Ebdon leads 2-0
Martin Gould v Joe Swail Swail leads 2-1
Liang Wenbo v Tom Ford Wenbo leads 2-0
Marco Fu v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 11-8
--------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 15-9
Jamie Burnett v John Higgins Higgins leads 8-0
Luca Brecel v Matthew Selt Selt leads 1-0
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Mark Selby Selby leads 2-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image
Last edited by Andre147 on 02 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betway U K Championship Last 16!!!!

Postby Andre147

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 2nd December

1pm

Peter Ebdon v David Grace
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Mark Selby

7pm

Marco Fu v Shaun Murphy
Luca Brecel v Matthew Selt

Thursday 3rd December

1pm

Liang Wenbo v Tom Ford
Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire

7pm

Martin Gould v Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett v John Higgins

Postby Gridlock

Wasn't able to watch any of the matches namely Thep and Robbo....will catch up on youtube. Trump is quite disappointing, and I would predict Selby will be too. Here's hoping Gouldy can come through!

Postby Clara8633

Gridlock wrote:Wasn't able to watch any of the matches namely Thep and Robbo....will catch up on youtube. Trump is quite disappointing, and I would predict Selby will be too. Here's hoping Gouldy can come through!

You don't think Selby will lose against Poomjaeng do you? :?

Postby Dan-cat

Gridlock wrote:Wasn't able to watch any of the matches namely Thep and Robbo....will catch up on youtube. Trump is quite disappointing, and I would predict Selby will be too. Here's hoping Gouldy can come through!

I think Trump found out during the MSI that someone had keyed his Ferrari.

Clara - top prediction skills - Poomy 6-5!

The last two nights of this tourney have been ace. Ups and downs and thrills and spills. It's just a ride!

Postby Gridlock

Clara8633 wrote:

Just got this feeling! :|

Postby hendry_fan

Clara8633 wrote:

Battle of the comeback kings,although Mark is the true king of the comebacks. ;-)

I personally don,t think that Poomy will beat Mark today,but if he does,i won,t be too disappointed as i also like him,he,s quite a charachter is Pooooooooooooooomjaeng. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Just watched the end of the Oh No 140 again. Referees are such sticklers! Olivier called the foul at the end when Teppy double hit the white. Lolz.

I was a bit concerned bout him overstrechin when takin on the pink,but luckily he potted it,and funnily enough,when i saw the angle he left on the black,i actually thought,it,s not in yet,although i did think he,d pot it,but unfortuatley he did,nt. :sad:

Postby Clara8633

Gridlock wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Hopefully Selby will banish this feeling like he did to GJ's. The latter thought Jones would win and was taking his hat off to himself throughout the match.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:I was a bit concerned bout him overstreching when takin on the pink,but luckily he potted it,and funnily enough,when i saw the angle he left on the black,i actually thought,it,s not in yet,although i did think he,d pot it,but unfortuatley he did,nt. :sad:

Yeah me too - I could see Neil looking concerned at that stretch. As Jimmy pointed out, that was almost exactly the same black that he missed against Hendry to lose the WC all those moons ago.

I can't believe he didn't know about the dough. What a lovely guy he is.

Postby Andy Spark

A good tournament for the foreigners so far. Luca, Fu, Wenbo, Poom and Robertson left in. Good luck to Brecel and Poom. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:A good tournament for the foreigners so far. Luca, Fu, Wenbo, Poom and Robertson left in. Good luck to Brecel and Poom. :-)

For the championship of the UK. :D

Postby Gridlock

Clara8633 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Hopefully Selby will banish this feeling like he did to GJ's. The latter thought Jones would win and was taking his hat off to himself throughout the match.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Selby do better than he has.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
I think Trump found out during the MSI that someone had keyed his Ferrari.

It weren't Ronnie. He weren't there.

I wonder where the Eurosport studio is?

You'd have to ask Hazel Irvine... Sorry, I mean Colin Murray.