Topic locked

CRUCIBLE UPDATES

Postby footygirl

Evening all well the semi finals kicked off today and Neil Robertson will surely sleep the better tonight after overpowering Allister Carter in his opening session.

Robertson waltzed through the first four frames with Allister largely confined to his seat - save perhaps for the token appearance to the table where he struggled to find any rhythm. Mind you the run of the balls was favouring the Australian and Carter's late night victory over Shaun Murphy the previous night looked to have caught up with him.

And when Robertson went 5-0 up things were looking very grim for the man from Tiptree. To his credit he rallied to win the sixth frame only to lose the next before with the help of a 93 break taking the final frame of the session to reduce his arreas to 6-2.

Meanwhile it was much slower going when Mark Selby and Graeme Dott who ended the session at 5-3 to the Scotsman. Selby looked slightly jaded after his heroics against O'Sullivan and Dott pounced to lead 3-1 at the mid session interval before sharing the final four frames of the session.

Suzy Jardine - The Crucible

Re: CRUCIBLE UPDATES

Postby Bourne

Don't think anyone will be too displeased with day one, Carter could have found himself in deep trouble @ 1-7 but is still in contention, Selby can easily take a 6-2 or 7-1 session tomorrow and take control of the match. Robbo the only 'winner' on day one but he's a long way from the line.

Postby Wildey

yes nothing really been decided but Carter cant afford to lose tomorrow Morning session 5-3 or Worst and Selby has to get Going he just never got Going tonight until the final Frame but all credit to dott for dictating the pace.

Postby GJ

robbo needs to stick to his game and not worry about carter

Postby Bourne

Think that Ali will be pleased to have had a good rest from playing, had a busy Wednesday and straight back into action this afternoon. I feel we'll see a newly refreshed Ali tomorrow morning and a session win, he missed some silly balls today.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Think that Ali will be pleased to have had a good rest from playing, had a busy Wednesday and straight back into action this afternoon. I feel we'll see a newly refreshed Ali tomorrow morning and a session win, he missed some silly balls today.

i saw signs of robbo playing better today and if he can find the form he had against higgins and ding at the grand prix i will be happy

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Think that Ali will be pleased to have had a good rest from playing, had a busy Wednesday and straight back into action this afternoon. I feel we'll see a newly refreshed Ali tomorrow morning and a session win, he missed some silly balls today.

i saw signs of robbo playing better today and if he can find the form he had against higgins and ding at the grand prix i will be happy

Yeh the good thing for Robbo is he's put this semi totally in his own hands. Tie each session from here and he'll cruise home, that's gota be what he's looking for.

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson did a professional Job today as did Greame Dott you cant ask no more than that in a 4 session match. sometime someone has to put their foot on the others throat but the idea of the first session is to get a lead in the hope session 2 you can relax and play your game to push on.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson did a professional Job today as did Greame Dott you cant ask no more than that in a 4 session match. sometime someone has to put their foot on the others throat but the idea of the first session is to get a lead in the hope session 2 you can relax and play your game to push on.

:afro:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson did a professional Job today as did Greame Dott you cant ask no more than that in a 4 session match. sometime someone has to put their foot on the others throat but the idea of the first session is to get a lead in the hope session 2 you can relax and play your game to push on.

Yeh couldn't agree more, nerves will really play a part from here on in so only the toughest will survive, I don't think there's much of a real class difference between the best player and the worst player left in the draw.

Postby Tubberlad

Robertson wins tomorrow morning's session, and you feel it's all over for Carter <ok>

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Robertson wins tomorrow morning's session, and you feel it's all over for Carter <ok>

yes but a 5-3 Result tomorrow would mean 11-5 first to 17 Doubt Robbo will feel relaxed after what he did to Gould ;)

Postby Tubberlad

Robertson isn't Gould though. Whereas Gould lacked the experience needed, Robertson is mentally strong and knows how to close out big matches. That's why Robertson has never lost a ranking final. If Robertson goes 11-5 up against Carter, it's curtains I feel.

Postby Bourne

I know it's a bit simplistic to say this but how pleased do you think Robbo must feel about his route to this stage ? O'Brien/Gould/Davis/Carter ... I mean, he'd have taken that at the start. Obviously that doesn't tell the story of the R2 match where Gould was awesome, but say he gets Dott in the final !

Postby Wildey

yes but dont forget his semi spot was ear marked for John Higgins and John could have had Hawkins/Davis/Gould/Carter.

it swings in Roundabouts and you play who you meet

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes but dont forget his semi spot was ear marked for John Higgins and John could have had Hawkins/Davis/Gould/Carter.

I know, and I won't take anything away from Robbo if he seals the deal because he'll have earnt it. I guess it's just the way these things go, you really have to bring your A-Game when it matters most, ie here. Form player of the year Ding didn't, defending champ Higgins didn't, #1 O'Sullivan didn't ... I have nothing but respect for whoever performs the best over 17 days because this is one rock-hard test of character. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:yes but dont forget his semi spot was ear marked for John Higgins and John could have had Hawkins/Davis/Gould/Carter.

I know, and I won't take anything away from Robbo if he seals the deal because he'll have earnt it. I guess it's just the way these things go, you really have to bring your A-Game when it matters most, ie here. Form player of the year Ding didn't, defending champ Higgins didn't, #1 O'Sullivan didn't ... I have nothing but respect for whoever performs the best over 17 days because this is one rock-hard test of character. :bowdown:

Ding will start next season as Provisional no 1 no matter what happens this week and John no 2

Postby Bourne

Nice, I didn't know that. Even if Robbo wins ?

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Ding will start next season as Provisional no 1 no matter what happens this week and John no 2

correct wild <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Nice, I didn't know that. Even if Robbo wins ?

yes Carter can get within about 700 points of Higgins in 3rd place if he wins the tournament and Robbo about 1500 of Higgins in 3rd if he wins.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

yes Carter can get within about 700 points of Higgins in 3rd place if he wins the tournament and Robbo about 1500 of Higgins in 3rd if he wins.

OK cheers, Ding would have gained a crazy lead if he'd won this tournament then :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

OK cheers, Ding would have gained a crazy lead if he'd won this tournament then :chin:

you can see it here guys

http://www.global-snooker.com/2009-10-O ... g-List.asp

I think the top 10 is a fair reflection of this season