Post a reply

Hello to fellow Matthew Stevens fans

Postby sundaygirl

Hello I am a long time snooker fan but this is my first post on any forum.
I have been visiting the island since Shanghai (we only have basic Freeview so thank you for the links) and I have found the Islanders to be knowledgable about the game both on the table and the when and the where to find it.
I have a query which I hope another MS fan can help me with. I know he was back in the 16, has he the time/matches to get back in again before the UK draw and if he has to play a qualifying match when would this be ?

Re: Hello to fellow Matthew Stevens fans

Postby Roland

Hi sundaygirl

I believe Matthew needs to win the EPTC in Bruges and rely on Marco Fu to go out early in order to get his spot in the top 16 back. He will have it tough to stay up there though because his points for reaching the final in Bahrain will be scrapped after the UK.

Postby GJ

If anything i prefer matthew to have to qualify by wining 1 match it may get him more match sharp as when he is in top 16 he tends to stay in the comfot zone too much so it makes little difference to his chances.

Postby sundaygirl

Thank you for your responses you have made me feel very welcome.
Even as a fan I cannot see Matthew winning a short match format tournament at this time, though I would like to see him win a few matches and be in the mix. Also I will feel bad looking for results hoping someone had done him a favor by knocking Marco out.
GJ your idea that playing a longer pre tv warm up match could lead to a good run is very appealing I shall pin my hopes on that.
btw congrats to your fave for showing that if you have a class game then you will shine what ever the format

Postby GJ

sundaygirl wrote:Thank you for your responses you have made me feel very welcome.
Even as a fan I cannot see Matthew winning a short match format tournament at this time, though I would like to see him win a few matches and be in the mix. Also I will feel bad looking for results hoping someone had done him a favor by knocking Marco out.
GJ your idea that playing a longer pre tv warm up match could lead to a good run is very appealing I shall pin my hopes on that.
btw congrats to your fave for showing that if you have a class game then you will shine what ever the format

cheers :afro:

Postby Eirebilly

Welcome to the forum. Sonny is bang on, Mathew Stevens needs to win in Belgium. I cant see him doing it though. The good news is that he appears to be enjoying the game again and as such is finding his form. I have always been a fan of his so its great to see him back and competing.

Postby sundaygirl

Smart :wave: bumping all these random hello threads (and Matthew crashing out of the uk) reminded me of my own.

How is it five years ago :?
Exactly how much crap is he in now? :sad:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I don't think I ever posted one of these introductions.

Is it too late for me to say hello?

It's not too late for you to say goodbye. :wave:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:

:chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

:bird:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

:bird:

:wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Me either. I just jumped straight into the bubbling cauldron that is Snooker Island.

Perhaps we should both do one now

Did we ever decide what to do about this?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Who dragged this out of the archive again?
No Matthew or Ricky :( in the current tourney so who should I support?

SnookerFan is our resident necrophiliac!

Have you ever DJ-ed a club night for that sort of thing? rofl