Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:After many long safety battles, Robbo eventually goes 9-5 up. Just like that UK final between Allen and Judd...

So now I just hope Allen wins at least 1 or 2 more frames to make this more interesting...

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:dont have high hopes andre. i just cant enjoy the snooker without ronnie. when is the masters deadline?

For Ronnie, an hour before the first match starts. For everyone else, I'm not sure.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:dont have high hopes andre. i just cant enjoy the snooker without ronnie. when is the masters deadline?

For Ronnie, an hour before the first match starts. For everyone else, I'm not sure.

For everyone, after the UK Champs or Gibraltar Open, Ronnie's no different.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

For everyone, after the UK Champs or Gibraltar Open, Ronnie's no different.

Ronnie just needs to put a call in to Barry Hearn and he's in, regardless of deadlines.

Postby Skullman

Looks like the match is done. Shame the standard collapsed after the last MSI.

Still Robbo was the better player today overall and will be happy to get another trophy since his last big win was almost 18 months ago.

Postby Andre147

Well done Neil :hatoff: Where's GJ? :roll:

Allen lost it in the first session obviously, too many safety erros allowed Robbo in, plus missing some silly balls didn't help matters either.

But well done Robbo, a player of his quality was bound to win a big title sooner or later.

Hopefully Ding will follow the same path.

Postby GJ

Hendo fan hiding so im not the only one who vanishes

:lol:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Hendo fan hiding so im not the only one who vanishes

:lol:

Hendry isn't playing anymore, he only has the other Scots to rely on.

But you and him sure are similar :love:

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:But well done Robbo, a player of his quality was bound to win a big title sooner or later.

He needs to do it in a ranker though, because if he doesn't he will probably drop after the UK Championship where Ding is now.

Anyway, Robbo was the best of two in the final, he deserved the trophy, but he didn't bring his A game in this tournament (except for the 144 and maybe the last two frames against Perry).

I also hope that this will help his confidence and play better snooker in the two major tournaments he has ahead.

Postby GJ

This event is only behind the majors

Huge boost for robbo

Let the haters hate

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote: This event is only behind the majors

Huge boost for robbo

Let the haters hate

No it's not, don't be silly.

What is above it then, excluding the majors?

Postby Andre147

Anyway, well done again Neil, I didn't want him to win this Final, but I'm happy for him still, a player of his superb quality would always win a big title like this sooner rather than later.

Like I said earlier, just hope Ding can follow the same path, he's as good as Robbo, just the World Title missing.

Postby PoolBoy

Got to concede, the bookies got it spot on again!
I remember we were all puzzled at Robbo being installed as pre-tournament favourite despite displaying little form to justify the tag - and an on-form Higgins was rated as only 5th favourite. Well, as he didn't reach the last-4, that was correct, also!

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Got to concede, the bookies got it spot on again!
I remember we were all puzzled at Robbo being installed as pre-tournament favourite despite displaying little form to justify the tag - and an on-form Higgins was rated as only 5th favourite. Well, as he didn't reach the last-4, that was correct, also!

Thing is bookies often get it wrong. They didn't this time, but for me too Higgins was the favourite pre-tournament.