Post a reply

188BET Champion of Champions Semi Finals

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Saturday 14th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

So down to the final four and we have a mix of unexpected and expected players in the line up. In the first match we have a battle between good friends and practice partners, former world champion and WN3 Neil Robertson and reigning PTC Grand Final champion Joe Perry.

And in the other semi we have the third match this season between Shanghai Masters champion Kyren Wilson and the current man in form, Mark Allen, who's aiming for his tenth win in a row.

Will we have the expected players come through or will there be more shocks?

DRAW

Saturday 14th of November

Semis

1pm

Joe Perry v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 10-8

7pm

Kyren Wilson v Mark Allen Allen leads 2-1

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Semi Finals

Postby Andre147

I don't think Robertson will lose against Perry, he seems very fired up to win this event, one which he's had success in the past with this now being his 3rd semi in a row.

As for the other one, harder to call, but I too don't think Allen will lose. Kyren in that Shanghai meeting they had caught a Mark Allen with one of his worst performances ever. Then Allen got his revenge at the IC.

Could be close Semis, but both the favourites will win I think.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Jill Douglas calling Joe Perry "Joe Wilson" rofl <doh> <doh> rofl

Still a better pundit than Dennis Taylor. <ok>

Even my 5 year old cousin is a better pundit than Dennis Taylor. <ok>

Postby GJ

Robbo will show this weekend that the bookies know more than mr wild about snooker :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Jill Douglas calling Joe Perry "Joe Wilson" rofl <doh> <doh> rofl

Still a better pundit than Dennis Taylor. <ok>

Even my 5 year old cousin is a better pundit than Dennis Taylor. <ok>

The rubbish I just did in my toilet is a better pundit than Dennis Taylor. :hankey:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Robbo will show this weekend that the bookies know more than mr wild about snooker :hatoff:

you making far bigger deal out of what i said ..

Prior to this week Robbo had played in 4 events and won 4 matches against Kuldesh Johal, Martin O'Donnell, Fergal O'Brien and Graeme Dott and the only top 16 player he had played against was Mark Selby which he lost even James Cahill and Jamie Cope had beaten him so he was hardly playing great stuff was he.

on that basis only complete idiots would make him favorite that's not to say he couldn't win after all the World Champion is Stuart Bingham

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:Robbo will show this weekend that the bookies know more than mr wild about snooker :hatoff:

you making far bigger deal out of what i said ..

Prior to this week Robbo had played in 4 events and won 4 matches against Kuldesh Johal, Martin O'Donnell, Fergal O'Brien and Graeme Dott and the only top 16 player he had played against was Mark Selby which he lost even James Cahill and Jamie Cope had beaten him so he was hardly playing great stuff was he.

on that basis only complete idiots would make him favorite that's not to say he couldn't win after all the World Champion is Stuart Bingham

For once, just admit you got it wrong instead of trying to explain your way out of it with a load of bullocks. <ok>

Postby Andre147

I don't think it's bullocks, how could Robbo be considered favourite when he only won those matches Wild mentioned and especially against those type of opponents, exception being Dott.

Even Ronnie at times has been considered the bookies favourite when he was clearly out of form.

But now Robbo IS the favourite to win the whole event, I've no doubts about that.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:I don't think it's bullocks, how could Robbo be considered favourite when he only won those matches Wild mentioned and especially against those type of opponents, exception being Dott.

Even Ronnie at times has been considered the bookies favourite when he was clearly out of form.

But now Robbo IS the favourite to win the whole event, I've no doubts about that.

Well, the bookies have proven to be correct haven't they? They made him favourite and more than likely he will go on and win it. :shrug:

For me once Ronnie withdrew Robbo was the clear favourite for this. I don't really put too much stock in PTCs and anyone can have a bad run in foreign rankers.

Postby Gridlock

Cloud Strife wrote:Shocking scenes in Paris. :-(

I have to say that your post is the first actual response to what has happened. I was following the France - Germany friendly and then this happens.

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:So, I'm ready for Coventry.

BUT IS COVENTRY READY FOR ME? :D

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY FOR YOU SnookerFan! Wish we were having a dram or pint together!

Postby Andre147

Gridlock wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Shocking scenes in Paris. :-(

I have to say that your post is the first actual response to what has happened. I was following the France - Germany friendly and then this happens.

Yeah I'm still in shock watching this horrible, just horrible events :sad:

How can Humanity do something as horrible as this? No doubt ISIS and the Islamic State is behind it all.

140 people now confirmed to be dead, 40 at the Football match, and 100 at the Bataclan Theatre.

:rip:

Postby Andre147

Still in huge shock after what happened so watching Snooker now feels strange...

But anyway, think Robbo will win this match, Perry might make things interesting but I doubt he'll have what it takes to stop Neil like he did v Higgins.

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:Still in huge shock after what happened so watching Snooker now feels strange...

True. It's strange, but snooker give us a chance to calm down a bit.

Second opportunity for Joe to win the 2nd frame, I hope that this time will be more careful. <cool>

Postby Andre147

Well that 3rd frame may prove vital, Perry should really have won it.

Now Robbo leads 3-1, with the highest break of tournament, 144.