Post a reply

188BET Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 10th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

DRAW

Tuesday 10th of November

Group 3

1pm

Stuart Bingham 3-4 Zhou Yuelong H2H 1-1

NB 3pm

Judd Trump 2-4 Kyren Wilson H2H 2-2

7pm

Zhou Yuelong 3-6 Kyren Wilson H2H Wilson leads 1-0

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby Wildey

This Group kicks off the Champion of Champions on Tuesday with Kyren Wilson center stage in Britain since he is now the Hunted after his sensational win in Shanghai playing Judd Trump the Man he beat in Shanghai that will be the second match from NB 3pm but first up is exciting young china man Zhou Yuelong playing world Champion Stuart Bingham who reached the final of the Inaugural Champion of Champions in 2013.

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:This Group kicks off the Champion of Champions on Tuesday with Kyren Wilson center stage in Britain since he is now the Hunted after his sensational win in Shanghai playing Judd Trump the Man he beat in Shanghai that will be the second match from NB 3pm but first up is exciting young china man Zhou Yuelong playing world Champion Stuart Bingham who reached the final of the Inaugural Champion of Champions in 2013.

what was Zhou Yuelongs feat which qualified him as a champion of champions participant ???? :gag:

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:
Wildey wrote:This Group kicks off the Champion of Champions on Tuesday with Kyren Wilson center stage in Britain since he is now the Hunted after his sensational win in Shanghai playing Judd Trump the Man he beat in Shanghai that will be the second match from NB 3pm but first up is exciting young china man Zhou Yuelong playing world Champion Stuart Bingham who reached the final of the Inaugural Champion of Champions in 2013.

what was Zhou Yuelongs feat which qualified him as a champion of champions participant ???? :gag:

Fully agree, I can't understand why on Earth a tournament like that takes precedence over an Asian PTC, which Ding has won this season, and therefore would enable him to qualify for this.

This World Cup thing is on par with winning the Seniors or Shoot-Out.

Postby PLtheRef

All there needs to be (and if I have missed it then I apologize) is to have a list of 16-20 tournaments with a precedence list to determine the order of invitations for the tournament.

e.g.
1. World Champon
2. Champion of Champions Champion
3. UK Champion
4. Masters Champion
5. International Champion
6. Shanghai Masters Champion
7. China Open Champion
8. German Masters Champion
9. Welsh Open Champion
10. Indian Open Champion
11. World Grand Prix Champion
12. Players Championship Finals Winner
13. Paul Hunter Classic Champion
14. Championship League winner
15. European PTC champion
16. European PTC champion
17. APTC Champion
18. Six Red World Champion
19. World Seniors Champion
20. World Shootout Champion

It's refereshing to see 16 tournament winners in this event but I think given we've had to go to the ranking list in previous years it might be better if the number of players in this event was reduced to 8 or 12 players.

Postby Skullman

There was a list and it's been known for months, possibly since March? I think the inclusion of even the most minor events was partly to stop players getting in on ranking alone like in the previous years.

Postby Wildey

Shootout, World Seniors, World Cup and Championship League should not be included.

i think a 12 Man event with top 4 seeds already seeded in to the Group Semi Final playing best of 11 frames minimum or 8 man Event playing Best of 17 minimum would be better and more exclusive.

Postby Skullman

I think CL has to be included really. It's not really important but it used to give an entry to the Premier League and as the CoC is effectively the PL's replacement, the winner of the CL should be given a place..

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I think CL has to be included really. It's not really important but it used to give an entry to the Premier League and as the CoC is effectively the PL's replacement, the winner of the CL should be given a place..

it has served its purpose time to knock it on its head and use the slots for better events.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Has Zhou Yuelong got any chance of dethroning the World Champion? Discuss.

Bingham's fairly fragile at the mo don't you think?

And the 17 year old Zhou aint got anything to prove! Very dangerous.

Bingham has been losing a few lately, aint he?

Pressure of being the World Champion?

Be funny if he broke The Crucible Curse next year. That'd snake hiss a lot of people on this forum off.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I predict Mr Winner Winner will get to the WC final, and not do much else this year - Joe Johnson-stylee.

You at home, Dan Cat? You watching?

I'm watching yes! Not at home though. I work part-time being a technology consultant and I have it as a little window on my screen.

So great to watch some proper coverage - shots from the practice area etc - Higgins helping with Zhou's tie! It's like his first day in the 6th form.

Postby Andre147

Well I am :-)

And did I hear it right? Neal Foulds thinks the World Cup winners shouldn't get an invite for this, which I totally agree with,

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:They need a better MC.

Mark Johnston-Allen is undefeated to Stephen Hendry in 3 meetings.

I thought I recognised the name.