Post a reply

Re: Selby chalk holder :limp:

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I've noticed players wearing those mini fanny packs as well.

.....and would you like to offer an opinion on them whilst you mention it..... :chin:

My opinion is this: These chalk holders (mini fanny packs) are uncool and unnecessary for many reasons. Why not just put your chalk in your trouser pockets? Or leave it on the side of the table which I've seen players do?

They are not needed IMO. I feel like some hack has probably sat down and conjured up a problem where there wasn't one and by trying to come up with a solution these items are the result of that.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:

.....and would you like to offer an opinion on them whilst you mention it..... :chin:

My opinion is this: These chalk holders (mini fanny packs) are uncool and unnecessary for many reasons. Why not just put your chalk in your trouser pockets? Or leave it on the side of the table which I've seen players do?

They are not needed IMO. I feel like some hack has probably sat down and conjured up a problem where there wasn't one and by trying to come up with a solution these items are the result of that.

My opinion is this...... :limp:

Ding is a prime example of a player who is willing to lay his chalk on the side of the table for certain "stretchy" shots. He also did this a lot whilst in the premier league - as it saved time going into his pocket for the chalk.

I believe the fanny packs are an American thing IMVHPO.

Come on Alfie. <ok> :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:

Ding is a prime example of a player who is willing to lay his chalk on the side of the table for certain "stretchy" shots. He also did this a lot whilst in the premier league - as it saved time going into his pocket for the chalk.

Its like wearing a cap indoors or a pair of sunglasses during a gloomy day. Totally unnecessary.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:

Its like wearing a cap indoors or a pair of sunglasses during a gloomy day. Totally unnecessary.

I like the analogies you provide in your prosecution argument. :clap:

PS ....is your PM function working ?

Postby Cloud Strife

youve blocked yourself from receiving PMs. Whether this was done deliberately or by accident I'm not sure. But please look into it. Feel free to get in touch with a moderator if you feel you need more help with this matter.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:youve blocked yourself from receiving PMs. Whether this was done deliberately or by accident I'm not sure. But please look into it. Feel free to get in touch with a moderator if you feel you need more help with this matter.

#sorted now, thanks for notifying me of this <ok> :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:youve blocked yourself from receiving PMs. Whether this was done deliberately or by accident I'm not sure. But please look into it. Feel free to get in touch with a moderator if you feel you need more help with this matter.

#sorted now, thanks for notifying me of this <ok> :wave:

No problem, glad to help.

Postby Andre147

He only uses this at the PTCs though, in regular tournaments he just puts his chalk on his waistcoat pocket like most players do.

As for Ding, I do miss him playing these European PTCs, at the end of the day it's his decision to only play the Chinese ones.

Postby Andre147

What's the huge deal with Selby using a chalk holder? Big deal out of nothing really pmsl Ronnie playing in socks or having a towel over his head for most of a certain match was a billion times worse.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:What's the huge deal with Selby using a chalk holder? Big deal out of nothing really pmsl Ronnie playing in socks or having a towel over his head for most of a certain match was a billion times worse.

What do you mean it isn't a big deal? If he was a diabetic who needed to bring a fanny pack everywhere with him, I'd understand. But why can't he use a shirt pocket for his chalk like everyone else? What a fruit!

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What's the huge deal with Selby using a chalk holder? Big deal out of nothing really pmsl Ronnie playing in socks or having a towel over his head for most of a certain match was a billion times worse.

What do you mean it isn't a big deal? If he was a diabetic who needed to bring a fanny pack everywhere with him, I'd understand. But why can't he use a shirt pocket for his chalk like everyone else? What a fruit!

The point is, does the chalk holder disturb his opponent? Answer: NO!

And if it does then he should look for another job. :wave:

Postby Andre147

Maybe Selby should use a chalk holder from now on to gain an "advantage" over his opponents rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

And that's my point exactly. If it was gaining him an advantage, I'd be giving him a round of applause and pelt bucking roses at him. But it doesn't - meaning he looks like a fruit for no good reason.

Contemptible.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 09 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

And that's my point exactly. If it was gaining him an advantage, I'd be giving him a round of applause and bucking roses at him. But it doesn't - meaning he looks like a fruit for no good reason.

Contemptible.

I rest my case on this one then. Yes he looks like a fruit, by the way, which fruit? :roll:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

And that's my point exactly. If it was gaining him an advantage, I'd be giving him a round of applause and bucking roses at him. But it doesn't - meaning he looks like a fruit for no good reason.

Contemptible.

I rest my case on this one then. Yes he looks like a fruit, by the way, which fruit? :roll:

A banana.

Postby Smart

Pink Ball wrote:

:clap: :bowdown: :clap:

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Contemptible.

Whatever you would consider the gayest fruit. That's the one I'm on about.

Postby Smart

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Contemptible.

Whatever you would consider the gayest fruit. That's the one I'm on about.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby kolompar

Pink Ball wrote:Whatever you would consider the gayest fruit. That's the one I'm on about.

Surprised noone opened a "GAYEST FRUIT" thread in the junkyard.