Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Final Thread!!!

Postby Vallomas

Relief for Gilbert, despite he missed again some easy pots (that Higgo didn't punish).

He needs the next frame as well, with 8-5 on the MSI it would be very difficult to turn the things around.

Postby Vallomas

Cloud Strife wrote:In his last 3 finals Higgins has faced Woollaston, Gould and Gilbert. As easy you as like.

Sure, but at least in IC, he outplayed two top players in his route to the final.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:In his last 3 finals Higgins has faced Woollaston, Gould and Gilbert. As easy you as like.

Sure, but at least in IC, he outplayed two top players in his route to the final.

Spot on.

You don't win the tournament by winning one match.

Postby Wildey

Not seen much of this event but it does seem that John has played to a much higher standard than he did to win the Welsh or Australian Open where it was almost amazing that he won thoes events with a so called strength in depth playing like he did.

but confidence had to come from somewhere and winning tournaments playing below par could be a catalist to a indian summer in the career of John Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Not seen much of this event but it does seem that John has played to a much higher standard than he did to win the Welsh or Australian Open where it was almost amazing that he won thoes events with a so called strength in depth playing like he did.

but confidence had to come from somewhere and winning tournaments playing below par could be a catalist to a indian summer in the career of John Higgins.

I ain't seen much, but what I have seen has been Higgins. His match against Murphy was amongst the best I've ever seen him play.