Post a reply

Hearn stepping down?

Postby Casey

Speculation was rife around Sheffield today that former player Jason Ferguson is about to return as Chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association.

It is rumoured that Ferguson will take up the position when current Chairman Barry Hearn steps aside to take up the chairmanship of the new company that he is setting up to run the sport.

Ferguson is believed to be attending a Board meeting of the WPBSA today.

Followers of the game will be somewhat surprised by this appointment, especially those critical of Ferguson’s previous stewardship.

Ferguson succeeded Mark Wildman as the chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association, snooker's governing body, in 2001.
After just one week in office, he rocked the sport by endorsing a board decision to sack the chief executive, Jim McKenzie, a move that has angered several leading players, including the then world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, a supporter of the Hearn plans.

http://www.110sport.tv/News/503-EXCLUSI ... ETURN.aspx

Re: Hearn stepping down?

Postby GJ

oh dear :roll:

Postby Witz78

So i read this right, it sounds like the words for out that too many players are backing against Hearns plans so he will resign and take the best players with him in a breakaway?

Thats the way i see it

Postby GJ

RIP SNOOKER :-(

Postby Casey

The way I read it is that Hearn will run the company that owns the 51% and Ferguson will be chairman of the WPBSA, however given Hearn will be an investor of 51% he has the major say. Leaving Ferguson to run the more day to day tasks.

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:The way I read it is that Hearn will run the company that owns the 51% and Ferguson will be chairman of the WPBSA, however given Hearn will be an investor of 51% he has the major say. Leaving Ferguson to run the more day to day tasks.

if thats true good news :afro:

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:The way I read it is that Hearn will run the company that owns the 51% and Ferguson will be chairman of the WPBSA, however given Hearn will be an investor of 51% he has the major say. Leaving Ferguson to run the more day to day tasks.

I’m a clever guy ;)

Postby Witz78

Its a joke if these players have been brainwashed by Ebdon and a few others into voting against the plans. Are they seriously happy with 6 tournaments?

I was so close to challenging Mark Davis last week as i saw him in the pub in Tudor Square every day, becuase his reason to back it on the basis that it was typical that rolling rankings would come in just as he had finally made it into the top 32 were the most pathetic reason ever heard to back against the bigger picture and the future of snooker.

Shows he really is the mediocrity Hearn was referring to when hes clearly so unconfident of remaining in the top 32.

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

I’m a clever guy ;)

hope your right mate <ok>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

I’m a clever guy ;)

So do I. Out of all the players asked, only Ebbo and Mark Davis have spoken out against it.

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

I’m a clever guy ;)

So do I. Out of all the players asked, only Ebbo and Mark Davis have spoken out against it.

Mark Allen didn't seem too convinced either from his post match interview today

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

I’m a clever guy ;)

Mark Allen didn't seem too convinced either from his post match interview today

Why what did he say? Because two weeks ago he gave his support in the local papers here

Postby Alex0paul

Something that he still has a few queries about Hearn and wants to see if anything else is on the table. If not then he will vote Hearn by the sounds of things.

Postby Alex0paul

Following a meeting today of the Board of the WPBSA, World Snooker has announced that former WPBSA Chairman, Jason Ferguson has been co-opted onto the Board. Jason will officially join the Board as of the 9th May 2010.
Jason Ferguson is currently non-executive Director of the award winning Sherwood Environmental Village Limited including the Chairman of Audit for the company as well as currently holding public office as the Mayor of his home town, Ollerton, Notts.

A former top 32 player, Jason has been a member of the WPBSA for approaching 20 years. He held a position on the WPBSA Board for 4 years including a tenancy as Chairman.

Jason has also held director position on English Amateur Snooker and Billiards Association and the World Confederation of Billiard Sports being instrumental in the World Games held in Japan 2002.
On his appointment Jason Ferguson said: “I am delighted to take up the position at this decisive period for the sport of snooker. Snooker has been very close to my heart all of my life and I am honoured to be able to give something back to the sport.”

On behalf of the WPBSA Board, Barry Hearn, Chairman said: “On behalf of my fellow Board Members I am very pleased to welcome Cllr Jason Ferguson on to the Board of the WPBSA. Jason will be a valuable asset to have on the Board and will bring important input into our decision making process from a players perspective. This is an exciting time for the sport of snooker and Jason’s experience and knowledge of the sport will ensure the members’ interests are appropriately represented. “

Postby Casey

WPBSA Board Annoucement
Following a meeting today of the Board of the WPBSA, World Snooker has announced that former WPBSA Chairman, Jason Ferguson has been co-opted onto the Board. Ferguson will officially join the Board as of the 9th May 2010.

Ferguson is currently non-executive Director of the award winning Sherwood Environmental Village Limited including the Chairman of Audit for the company as well as currently holding public office as the Mayor of his home town, Ollerton, Notts.

A former top 32 player, he has been a member of the WPBSA for approaching 20 years. He held a position on the WPBSA Board for 4 years including a tenancy as Chairman.

Ferguson has also held director position on English Amateur Snooker and Billiards Association and the World Confederation of Billiard Sports being instrumental in the World Games held in Japan 2002.

On his appointment Ferguson said: “I am delighted to take up the position at this decisive period for the sport of snooker. Snooker has been very close to my heart all of my life and I am honoured to be able to give something back to the sport."

On behalf of the WPBSA Board, Barry Hearn, Chairman said: “On behalf of my fellow Board Members I am very pleased to welcome Cllr Jason Ferguson on to the Board of the WPBSA. Jason will be a valuable asset to have on the Board and will bring important input into our decision making process from a players perspective.

"This is an exciting time for the sport of snooker and Jason’s experience and knowledge of the sport will ensure the members’ interests are appropriately represented."

Postby Wildey

thats how i see it but whats the point of it i dont get ?

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
WPBSA Board Annoucement
Following a meeting today of the Board of the WPBSA, World Snooker has announced that former WPBSA Chairman, Jason Ferguson has been co-opted onto the Board. Ferguson will officially join the Board as of the 9th May 2010.

Ferguson is currently non-executive Director of the award winning Sherwood Environmental Village Limited including the Chairman of Audit for the company as well as currently holding public office as the Mayor of his home town, Ollerton, Notts.

A former top 32 player, he has been a member of the WPBSA for approaching 20 years. He held a position on the WPBSA Board for 4 years including a tenancy as Chairman.

Ferguson has also held director position on English Amateur Snooker and Billiards Association and the World Confederation of Billiard Sports being instrumental in the World Games held in Japan 2002.

On his appointment Ferguson said: “I am delighted to take up the position at this decisive period for the sport of snooker. Snooker has been very close to my heart all of my life and I am honoured to be able to give something back to the sport."

On behalf of the WPBSA Board, Barry Hearn, Chairman said: “On behalf of my fellow Board Members I am very pleased to welcome Cllr Jason Ferguson on to the Board of the WPBSA. Jason will be a valuable asset to have on the Board and will bring important input into our decision making process from a players perspective.

"This is an exciting time for the sport of snooker and Jason’s experience and knowledge of the sport will ensure the members’ interests are appropriately represented."

so hes on the board not as chairman and someone that can Emphasis with lower Rank Players.