Post a reply

WS International Championship Semi-Final 2!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Sunday 25th of October~Sunday 1st of November at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

Semi-Final 2: Mark Selby v John Higgins

Semi-Final stage and the one-table setup, both these players know this surroundings better than most. Mark Selby, without playing vintage stuff, has played well all tournament, having had a tough Quarter-Final v Neil Robertson. John Higgins, on the other hand, has been playing very well this season and all tournament, and has already won a ranking event, and will be looking to win his 2nd.

Interesting to note that both have won 2 ranking event this year, so it's also a huge chance for either of them to win a 3rd one, because either of them must feel they have a great chance of doing so given the other 2 players left, both very inexperienced at this stage.

Selby and Higgins have very similar styles of play, but in Multisession matches Higgins leads 3-1. Who will manage to come out on top this time?

DRAW

Click here for Head to Heads

Overall Selby leads 10-7
Main Tournaments Selby leads 6-4
Multisession Matches Higgins leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: WS International Championship Semi-Final 2!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:If only they could both lose.

If only they could both win. :happy:

I,d rather that Higgins wins this,but if he does,nt,i won,t be that disappointed as Selby is also one of my FAVOURITE players. :-D

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:I,d rather that Higgins wins this,but if he does,nt,i won,t be that disappointed as Selby is also one of my FAVOURITE players. :-D

Higgo is on fire in this tournament (he's only dropped 3 frames) and I love Selby's shot-making. Gonna be a great match!

Postby Skullman

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:I,d rather that Higgins wins this,but if he does,nt,i won,t be that disappointed as Selby is also one of my FAVOURITE players. :-D

Higgo is on fire in this tournament (he's only dropped 3 frames) and I love Selby's shot-making. Gonna be a great match!

He's dropped more than that. Two against Xintong, three against Holt and three against Perry.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm not a jealous person normally. But I'm insanely jealous of you lot that will be watching this match tomorrow, whilst I'm away.

Bad timing on my part. It has 'match of the season' written all over it.

Postby Vallomas

It would be nice if Higgins' form ends with such a big trophy like International Championship. It would be nice if he can be again a world title contender -all mention ROS will for his 6th and not Higgins' one for his 5th! Why?

But Selby is always a tough opponent and in the previous matches he showed that he is in good condition.

I can't predict anything about this semi, just waiting to enjoy the game.

Postby Andre147

Love the matches between these two, both have very similar styles of play, great breakbuilding, great temperament and above all a remarkable tactical and safety game.

One of the best ever matches I ever saw was that 2009 Worlds Quarter-Final between them, which Higgins won 13-12.

Hopefully this one will be another classic, and I usually don't root for Selby, but here I do hope he wins this one.

Postby Skullman

The Higgins machine is off again...

Have seen Higgins play like this a couple of times in recent times but he rarely keeps it up for an entire match. Selby will be hoping for that.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:The Higgins machine is off again...

Have seen Higgins play like this a couple of times in recent times but he rarely keeps it up for an entire match. Selby will be hoping for that.

So was Murphy.