Topic locked

Ronnie now guaranteed the title.

Postby SnookerFan

This may sound stupid, but I am now thoroughly convinced, to the point where I would bet ANYTHING that Ronnie will be world champion by the end of the tournament. Last time I was convinced Ronnie would win the world title was in 2008, and that was before a ball was potted...

I want it marked down now, even before the Selby game finishes, I absolutely GUARANTEE Ronnie will win the world title for a fourth time this year.

Re: Ronnie now guaranteed the title.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:This may sound stupid, but I am now thoroughly convinced, to the point where I would bet ANYTHING that Ronnie will be world champion by the end of the tournament. Last time I was convinced Ronnie would win the world title was in 2008, and that was before a ball was potted...

I want it marked down now, even before the Selby game finishes, I absolutely GUARANTEE Ronnie will win the world title for a fourth time this year.

He is a cert because the players left are not good enough. Thats not Ronnies fault he can only play who is put in front of him. However from a competitive pov its pretty sown up

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wc wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This may sound stupid, but I am now thoroughly convinced, to the point where I would bet ANYTHING that Ronnie will be world champion by the end of the tournament. Last time I was convinced Ronnie would win the world title was in 2008, and that was before a ball was potted...

He is a cert because the players left are not good enough. Thats not Ronnies fault he can only play who is put in front of him. However from a competitive pov its pretty sown up

I didn't say it was Ronnie's fault. And personally, I think Murphy is good enough, but won't do it. That frame literally won O'Sullivan the title.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:You two rofl

So who will beat ronnie in this form in a best of 33/35? :chin: Its a cakewalk from here, just what snooker did not need. Well done to Ronnie though <applause>

Postby Lucky

Murphy and Robbo are playing plenty well enough to beat him, and I know its a cliche, but he can beat himself in anymatch of any length.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wc wrote:

So who will beat ronnie in this form in a best of 33/35? :chin: Its a cakewalk from here, just what snooker did not need. Well done to Ronnie though <applause>

Yeah, he beat some good players to get to the semi-finals.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:ttt

What does that mean?

It means Ronnie will be home by now, safe and sound :chin:

Postby Monique

I didn't answer the initial post earlier but I thought it was ... well ... overoptimistic to say the least. Being here and having seen him after the other matches, those he won, so anxious and downbeat, I knew how fragile and vulnerable he was, and my fears proved to be justified.
Last edited by Monique on 29 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:I didn't answer the initial post earlier but I thought it was ... well ... overoptimistic to say the least. Being here and having seen in after the other matches, those he won, so anxious and downbeat, I knew how fragile and vulnerable he was, and my fears proved to be justified.

5 stars

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:I didn't answer the initial post earlier but I thought it was ... well ... overoptimistic to say the least. Being here and having seen in after the other matches, those he won, so anxious and downbeat, I knew how fragile and vulnerable he was, and my fears proved to be justified.

Yeah, I might've got carried away in the drama last night. I do apologise if my nervous ranting upset anyone. Like I said, the last time I felt this way it was a tournament-long feeling, and Ronnie won it. But I guess that was a one-off. <laugh> Now you see why I don't enter the prediction league.

Hope nobody felt I got carried away. I really wanted Selby to win. And I wasn't the only one berating the one they wanted to win last night. No excuse though, I got a bit carried away. Sorry.

And what I meant was what does; "ttt" stand for?

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:

Yeah, I might've got carried away in the drama last night. I do apologise if my nervous ranting upset anyone. Like I said, the last time I felt this way it was a tournament-long feeling, and Ronnie won it. But I guess that was a one-off. <laugh> Now you see why I don't enter the prediction league.

Hope nobody felt I got carried away. I really wanted Selby to win. And I wasn't the only one berating the one they wanted to win last night. No excuse though, I got a bit carried away. Sorry.

And what I meant was what does; "ttt" stand for?

I wasn't offended in any way. I'd have loved it for you to be right .... but I just knew how unlikely that was.

Postby davis147

Ronnie is to blame himself for this easy loss! He should have won the world championship so easy this year! Ronnie is too dishearted himself!

I don't think he won't win any more world championship titles now because Ding Junhui and other is coming up next year! It was too late now for Ronnie to get all his sixth titles or seventh!

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:

MARK SELBY WAS HIS NAME <ok>

Postby Wildey

lets get one thing straight i do get what you say about Ronnies Head not Right but was Stephen Hendrys Head Right no it wasn't and we dont here that mentioned...

it really isn't only Ron that has mental Problems with Snooker it is literally a head buck.