Post a reply

So, I'm going to the Champion of Champions....

Postby SnookerFan

Or Successful Guys as it's now called. :D

I know, I know. I was talking about locking myself in my living room and watching it. And I complained that I'm going to be busy several weekends in a row.

But extra tickets were released due to 'demand'. (I'm sure Ronnie pulling out had nothing to do with it.) The nearby hotel is extortionate, but the next nearest hotel is 2.5 miles away.

I can get to Coventry in a couple of hours, so I am going to hop on a train early doors on Saturday, get up there early. My hotel is in the Ricoh Arena, and has a luggage storage bit. So I can dump my bag there, and hop off to the match etc..

Could be good. I'll have to have my fill of the watching snooker at home, whilst I have my week off for the UK Championships. :mosh2:

Re: So, I'm going to the Champion of Champions....

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Is the city of Coventry ready for Snookerfan, that is the question ?????? :bowdown: :hatoff: :bowdown:

Is anywhere?

A fortnight beforehand, I am up at the Hawthorns watching West Brom.

I am going to forget what my home looks like.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:I live near the Champion of Champions but I'm not going.

Come down after the matches. We'll have a beer. :wave:

No thanks :chuckle: I don't drink.

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:I live near the Champion of Champions but I'm not going.

Come down after the matches. We'll have a beer. :wave:

No thanks :chuckle: I don't drink.

I'll have a beer. You can watch. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:What will you do if you don't receive the tickets in time?

Cry.

No, there's a policy where they contact the venue and get duplicate tickets left in the ticket office. Happened to me before, but I thought it was my fault, as I didn't book tickets that much in advance. I know it works though...

Posted out Monday, I travel up Saturday morning. I should be alright.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

Cry.

No, there's a policy where they contact the venue and get duplicate tickets left in the ticket office. Happened to me before, but I thought it was my fault, as I didn't book tickets that much in advance. I know it works though...

I think I say it for all fellow SnookerIsland members, that we all hope this precarious situation works out okay for you s/fan. It must be causing an unimaginable amount of stress and burden on you at this moment in time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today.

God bless you s/fan.
:wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Cry.

I think I say it for all fellow SnookerIsland members, that we all hope this precarious situation works out okay for you s/fan. It must be causing an unimaginable amount of stress and burden on you at this moment in time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today.

God bless you s/fan.
:wave:

I forgot about it until yesterday.

Postby SnookerFan

I discovered See Tickets have an e-mail a query feature on each ticket. So I e-mailed, and asked for written conformation of when they were being sent out. I mentioned that I'd had previous problems with tickets arriving on time. I thought this might be more constructive than just talking to them on the phone. :wave:

I've got my Welsh Open tickets ordered through SEE Tickets as well. I may have to go back to Ticketmaster, at this rate.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I discovered See Tickets have an e-mail a query feature on each ticket. So I e-mailed, and asked for written conformation of when they were being sent out. I mentioned that I'd had previous problems with tickets arriving on time. I thought this might be more constructive than just talking to them on the phone. :wave:

I've got my Welsh Open tickets ordered through SEE Tickets as well. I may have to go back to Ticketmaster, at this rate.

have they responded to your email yet ? :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I got an e-mail. Not sure if it was a response or a coincidence, but here is as follows;

Dear SnookerFan

We apologise for the delay in getting tickets to you for your recent
order

You have booked 1 tickets to attend CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
at Ricoh Arena, Coventry on SATURDAY 14/11/2015.

Unfortunately, we are still awaiting receipt of the tickets from the event
organisers. As soon as we've received them we'll dispatch them to you, to the
address provided at the time of booking.

This is absolutely nothing to worry about and your order will be with you
as soon as possible. However, if you have not received the tickets two working
days before the event please contact us

Postby Smart

"nothing to worry about".......I'd tend to disagree with that comment. You want your ticket in your hand as you leave for Coventry - otherwise you have to go to the ticket office at the venue and tell them the whole saga etc....when you would rather be soaking up the atmosphere - maybe a sneaky pint or a Pukka pie. :wave: