Post a reply

Re: Ebdon goes bust

Postby Smart

Just to sum up what a rubbish article that is...under the third photo the caption reads:

"Peter Ebdon snooker player celebrates his first round World Championship win over 6 times former champion Steve Davies with manager Ramsay McClellan" <doh>

Postby Muppet147

Smart wrote:Just to sum up what a rubbish article that is...under the third photo the caption reads:

"Peter Ebdon snooker player celebrates his first round World Championship win over 6 times former champion Steve Davies with manager Ramsay McClellan" <doh>

That is such a huge mistake. Kudos to you for noticing. (You CAUC) <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Just to sum up what a rubbish article that is...under the third photo the caption reads:

<doh>

You'd think they'd do some research, wouldn't you? I once saw a newsreader who claimed that Alex Higgins was John Higgins' dad.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

You'd think they'd do some research, wouldn't you? I once saw a newsreader who claimed that Alex Higgins was John Higgins' dad.

are you saying that he wasn't ??? :shrug:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

Was the newsreader Dennis Taylor?

Postby Sickpotter

4 kids, a wife and an ex-wife.....I'm shocked he's broke ;-)

Postby TheSaviour

This is something that is so typical Peter Ebdon. You never know with him. Some great players might a bit self-destruct just because they might feel too invincible on a snooker table. Self-destruct like this might get their head sorted again and feeling good and normal again. And then we have this so called Murphy´s law where if something can go wrong no matter how unlikely it is, it will go wrong. And on the trot. But running into that is a different thing than these sort of forms of self-destruct. And people like Ronnie O´Sullivanor Mark Allen might try to get their head sorted out playing snooker with flair. That´s the one way also trying to stay out of the troubles and a depression.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ebdon is a devotee of Napoleon Hill's motivational book "Think and Grow Rich". He might want to read it again.

Postby TheSaviour

If Ebdon could get through here, he would be on A CRASH COURSE with Kyren Wilson. I can´t see much beyond Kyren here. He has a relatively easy route to the final. Kyren can very well win this one and World Championships later.