Post a reply

Re: Ruhr Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 3) !!!

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:I hate shot clocks but you can see why theres talk of them with Angles, Pinches, Ebbo and Hamilton about. Gawds sake. Ebbo and AH at it for about 3 hours and its 2-2 :shrug:

But how is shot clock going to help scrappy play and Matches.

If a match is scrappy or players out of touch adding the pressure of shot clock will only make it worst.

Shot clock works to some extent in novelty events because players aren't really playing for their careers or status in the game. in Bread and Butter Ranking events it would be a car crash

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Angles and Pinches break the record for longest frame, at 99 minutes.

Still have a decider to go...

Accordin to snooker World Snooker,it actually lasted 100 mins + 24 secs to be exact. <laugh>

"RECORD: Groundbreaking stuff at the #RuhrOpen! @alan_mcmanus and @barrypinches set the new record for longest pro frame at 100min 24 secs!"

I bet Alan will be pleased to have been part of that record,especially as he ended up winning the frame,in which it took him to a decider,in which he went on to win. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Brilliant that the scots have commenced to the 1/4,s in the rugby world cup,my heart was in my mouth for a mom as Samoa clawed back to be only 3 pts behind in the last few mins. :phew:

Maguire and Leslie manage to win there deciders,and the joint new record holder with pinches for the longest pro frame,"Angles" wastes no time in his match against Baird,beats him 4-1. :happy:

Postby Andre147

Yes it was indeed a record 100 min frame between Angles McManus and Pinches..

But its a record for professional matches of course, if one looks for amateur matches you'll end up seeing many frames lasting past 2 hours.

Postby hendry_fan

What a charachter!,Angles wins yet another decider,this time against a good freind of his,Mr Maguire,he was even 3-1 behind.

You,d of thought that the 100 min record frame he was involved in,would,ve taken the rest of the energy the dumpling possesed.

What can one say,apart from,........

,.........................................................Braw stuff ya auld dumpling!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

If a match is scrappy or players out of touch adding the pressure of shot clock will only make it worst.

Spot on.

I just can't understand why people assume that fast play = good play. A player who plays scrappily naturally, won't become better by being forced to rush.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Spot on.

I just can't understand why people assume that fast play = good play. A player who plays scrappily naturally, won't become better by being forced to rush.

not to ,mention how the bloody hell will a shot clock work with 11 tables and about 5 players shouting Time Out at the same time.

Theres nothing at all wrong with the pace the game is being played at naturally these days without forcing players to play unnatural shots

Postby PoolBoy

Luca Brecel v Mark Davis
Ben Woollaston v Rory McLeod
Mark Selby v Mark Williams
Mike Dunn v Andrew Higginson
Tian Pengfei v Shaun Murphy
Dominic Dale v Alan McManus
David Gilbert v Peter Ebdon
Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen

It's the business-end today! I always feel mental stamina must be key on the final day of a Tour event, with 16 frames, on-the-day, needed to win the tournament, potentially over 28 frames...
Many established names going for the title, here.
If Luca can beat Mavis, he'll likely 'crack' the top 40 in the World rankings for the first time.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Looks like a decider, barring snookers.

Where have you been, Skull?

You don't post as much as usual. Not been letting life get in the way, have you?

No WiFi at my house up at uni. Been home for the weekend but haven't posted much because no one else is.

Postby Skullman

Luca Brecel 2-3Mark Davis
Ben Woollaston 1-2 Rory McLeod
Mark Selby 3-3 Mark Williams
Mike Dunn 3-1 Andrew Higginson
Tian Pengfei 4-1 Shaun Murphy
Dominic Dale 0-4 Alan McManus
David Gilbert 1-1 Peter Ebdon
Barry Hawkins 3-1 Mark Allen