Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 1

Postby Wildey

so here we are at the semi final stages and for my money having Robertson And Selby there with the chance of meeting in a final is ideal for a New Start under Barry Hearn.

both done their apprenticeship and both tournament winners no disrespect to Carter and Dott but a Selby v Robertson Final im looking for to herald a new era in snooker.

Postby Alex0paul

If Carter reaches the final then he is the new number 2.
Robertson must win it to go number 2, if he finishes runner up he stays at 4.
Selby has to win it to go 7th, runner up will keep him in 9th.
Dott can go 13th if he reaches the final but no further.

Postby Eirebilly

Sonny wrote:Robbo v Selby is dream final

That will definately be one to stay up and watch. I have taken monday off so that i can indulge in a few extra :guinness: during the final.

Its good to see Seifer is back to his old best on the 606 :seif:

Postby Eirebilly

I honestly cant understand the grief that Selby is getting on the 606 for beating Ronnie. I sometimes wonder if some (or most) of those posters know anything about snooker. At least the 606 will be rid of the plastic fans, who only watch Ronnie, until the next tournement. rofl

Postby Casey

Imagine Dott won it? All those people that said he was the worst ever world champion would have some egg on their faces.

Anyway Robbo v Selby final, I wouldn’t mind who won as we would be guaranteed a first time winner.

Postby Eirebilly

case_master wc wrote:

Imagine Dott won it? All those people that said he was the worst ever world champion would have some egg on their faces.

Anyway Robbo v Selby final, I wouldn’t mind who won as we would be guaranteed a first time winner.

I remeber Witz78 making an article about the fact that it was a disgrace that Dott was ever a world champion. People underestimate him and because he seems shy dont really see just how attacking he actually is when on form.

Postby Roland

606 does have more than its fair share of clowns. Speaking of Seifer, I see he's slandered the lovely Monique on his forum again. What has she done to deserve that? It's disgraceful.

Postby Eirebilly

Sonny wrote:606 does have more than its fair share of clowns. Speaking of Seifer, I see he's slandered the lovely Monique on his forum again. What has she done to deserve that? It's disgraceful.

What, he slandered Mon?? She is one of the most knowledgable and fair fans of snooker. The guy is seriously messed in the head.
Have you got a link to it Sonny?

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:606 does have more than its fair share of clowns. Speaking of Seifer, I see he's slandered the lovely Monique on his forum again. What has she done to deserve that? It's disgraceful.

Well we know the truth as to why he was really banned so Monique and everybody involved with Ronnie’s forum has my support. <ok>

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:

one exciting player who plays attacking vs a less exciting player who plays more defensive

so should be a nice balance <ok>

Rocket Ron

ive seen some juvinile rubbish and coments this morning Regarding the Next 5 days and as a Ronnie fan im sure you was gutted but you have come out of it smelling with roses with a mature outlook <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:http://break-off.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4155

Anyway guys I'm leaving now, meeting Monique for coffee then off to the first 2 sessions. Back later on.

That guys is such a tool, sometimes.

Was he officially banned from the site, or did he just not come back after suspension?

Postby Eirebilly

Man, the time cant speed up enough here. I promiced herself that i wouldnt have a beer until the matche started but i am free, the sun is shining and herself is in the garden. Maybe i can sneak a quick one in to calm the nervs :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:so here we are at the semi final stages and for my money having Robertson And Selby there with the chance of meeting in a final is ideal for a New Start under Barry Hearn.

The world's most boring player against a foreigner. Yes, that's ideal! :)

only boring people see selby as Boring <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

eirebilly wrote:Man, the time cant speed up enough here. I promiced herself that i wouldnt have a beer until the matche started but i am free, the sun is shining and herself is in the garden. Maybe i can sneak a quick one in to calm the nervs :ahh:

I remember having a couple of beers in the TIC bar before the matches once. I was sat in there dying for a snake hiss when Rob Walker came out. I thought; "I got a couple of minutes here" and legged it in and out to make it back before the matches. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:so here we are at the semi final stages and for my money having Robertson And Selby there with the chance of meeting in a final is ideal for a New Start under Barry Hearn.

It's Hearn I feel for. He must have been looking forward to a feast of exciting snooker with players like Ronnie, Williams and Mark Allen. They're all gone before the semis though and we have this motley crew instead.

Come on, Dotty! <ok> <laugh>

I would be 100% with a Selby vs Robertson final. Dott vs Carter would be a grinder vs a charisma-free wonder. If we got Selby vs Robertson, I wouldn't understand the fuss at all. Okay, we all wanted to see Higgins vs Ronnie, but at least those two have treated us to some top-notch matches against each other this season, and we'd have a new world champion.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:

It's Hearn I feel for. He must have been looking forward to a feast of exciting snooker with players like Ronnie, Williams and Mark Allen. They're all gone before the semis though and we have this motley crew instead.

Come on, Dotty! <ok> <laugh>

I would be 100% happy with a Selby vs Robertson final. Dott vs Carter would be a grinder vs a charisma-free wonder. If we got Selby vs Robertson, I wouldn't understand the fuss at all. Okay, we all wanted to see Higgins vs Ronnie, but at least those two have treated us to some top-notch matches against each other this season, and we'd have a new world champion.

Postby Eirebilly

Bourne wrote:One table set-up a the Crucible :bowdown: This is where we know we're coming to the end of the tournament :-(

There really is something special about the one table setup at the Crucible isnt there. Its just such an amazing atmosphere.

Postby Sickpotter

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:

Not true Wild, those who can't appreciate tactical play, the ADD crowd and those who think snooker is all about big breaks, are the ones who see Selby as boring. ;)

Eurotrash, you've got an issue with someone outside the UK winning the WC? Really ignorant comment considering the intent these days is to broaden the appeal of the game on the international stage. Having a new WC from outside the UK would certainly help the game on the international stage.