Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wed 30th of Sep~Sat 3rd of Oct at the Metrodome in Barnsley

First played for in 2012 with Judd Trump as the inaugral Champion the International Championship is going from strength to strength.

This year it will be played in Daqing a new home after 3 years in Chengdu New father Ricky Walden will be defending the title he won last year with a 10-7 win over Mark Allen.

The only big name missing from the draw this year is 5 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan so it is promising to be a high quality event and Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson will be starting out for back to back tournament wins on the first morning at 9.30am against Malaysia's Thor Chuan Leong.

Who will win the £125,000 first prize?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 128 !!

Postby kolompar

Second highest ranked player missing is Tony Drago. Anyone knows where he is? I think it was his birthday they made the draw.
There are some interesting matches though, and Hamza Akbar and Hatem Yassin are both making their pro debut here. Still no Brazilians, which is a shame, especially as it looked like last season Igor could play full time.

Postby Wildey

kolompar wrote:Second highest ranked player missing is Tony Drago. Anyone knows where he is? I think it was his birthday they made the draw.
There are some interesting matches though, and Hamza Akbar and Hatem Yassin are both making their pro debut here. Still no Brazilians, which is a shame, especially as it looked like last season Igor could play full time.

i think its pointless giving tour spots if players cant commit i questioned the stupidity of awarding a tour spot to Itaro Santos at the time he was named and he is proving me right.

Postby Wildey

Order of Play http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?tzm=1& ... emplate=45

and First up on Live stream is newly crowned Shanghai Masters Champion Kyren Wilson.

Also on stream tomorrow is Mark Williams playing Nigel Bond they have played each other 12 times dating back to 1993 where Nigel won 5-3 and then he won their next 2 matches 5-2 and 5-1 respectively.

Mark Williams first win over Nigel was in 1996 and since then he has won all their matches (9) leading the head to head 9-3 last time they played was in 2012 in a PTC in Gloucester Mark Winning 4-0

Postby kolompar

Wildey wrote:i think its pointless giving tour spots if players cant commit i questioned the stupidity of awarding a tour spot to Itaro Santos at the time he was named and he is proving me right.

It's the World Snooker tour, not the UK snooker tour. The UK players have too big an advantage with like 90% of the tournaments being in their country. World Snooker should do more to help the overseas players compete. But you're kind of right it's pointless this way.

Postby Wildey

kolompar wrote:
Wildey wrote:i think its pointless giving tour spots if players cant commit i questioned the stupidity of awarding a tour spot to Itaro Santos at the time he was named and he is proving me right.

It's the World Snooker tour, not the UK snooker tour. The UK players have too big an advantage with like 90% of the tournaments being in their country. World Snooker should do more to help the overseas players compete. But you're kind of right it's pointless this way.

might as well be the alien tour with little green men invited to play

Postby Wildey

Important few weeks for Kyren Wilson coming up trying to deal with being the hunted not the hunter some struggle with that pressure you might even say Stephen Maguire still hasent managed that expectation and hasent fully recovered from the early promise he showed and has underachieved badly..

Postby Wildey

Kyren Wilson goes 4-0 up and Chris Wakelin leading Peter Lines 3-0.

Scott Donaldson holding Mark Allen in check at 2-2

Liam Highfield thank to two centuries in frame 2 and 4 respectively is level with Cao Yupeng at 2-2

Postby SnookerFan

I e-mailed World Snooker asking them about it, and said I wished to watch Mark Selby tonight.

It's the same woman I got a reply from when I e-mailed saying I thought the UKs shouldn't be shortened to BO11s, and also sent in an e-mail when they were talking about moving from The Crucible. I said I disagreed with them doing it.

They probably think I am a complete loser, which I am to be fair. rofl

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I e-mailed World Snooker asking them about it, and said I wished to watch Mark Selby tonight.

It's the same woman I got a reply from when I e-mailed saying I thought the UKs shouldn't be shortened to BO11s, and also sent in an e-mail when they were talking about moving from The Crucible. I said I disagreed with them doing it.

<ok>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I e-mailed World Snooker asking them about it, and said I wished to watch Mark Selby tonight.

Hahaha it was you wot stopped the crucible move??? I prostrate myself before you in gratitude.

I heard that they built a life size replica of Sheffield, just outside Chengdu, right down to each individual blade of grass, and even an animatronic Ken Doherty, repeatedly falling over as he dashes between the cue zone and the Crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

I think that was one of the things I complained about, anyway. rofl

I also e-mailed them to ask if the BBC coverage of the Royal Wedding would hinder The Crucible semi-finals. <ok>

Anyway, I got a bounce-back e-mail saying that she didn't work for World Snooker any more. Probably a bit too female for Barry Hearn's taste. :-D