Post a reply

Snooker Seniors Moving to Preston

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Returns To Preston’s Guild Hall

Many of snooker’s most famous names will return to the Guild Hall in Preston in January for the World Seniors Championship.

The iconic Lancashire venue, which has hosted major tournaments including the UK Championship, has again been selected to host a World Snooker Tour event.

The Sky Sports-televised World Seniors Championship will run on the weekend of January 30-31 and will be open to players aged 40 and over by the end of the current season.

Several former World Champions and former winners of the Seniors event will be invited to make up the 16-man field. The remaining spots will be available in a qualifying tournament.

Mark Williams is the current champion having taken the title on his debut in the event last year, while other winners in recent years include Steve Davis and Jimmy White.

A spokesman for World Snooker said: “We are thrilled to return to the Guild Hall for the World Seniors Championship. It’s a venue synonymous with snooker as so many of the great names have walked the floors of the arena over the years.

“We know how passionate the people of Preston and Lancashire are about snooker so we are sure they will turn out in force to support this event. It’s a chance to see so many favourites of the sport in action while enjoying a relaxed atmosphere. We have staged this tournament every year since 2010 and it’s always a lot of fun for the fans and players.”

Richard Simkin, Head of Operations at Preston Guild Hall Ltd, added: “It is absolutely fantastic for us to have top snooker stars back at the venue and hopefully this event will stay for many years to come.”

Ticket details will be announced shortly.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/snooker-ret ... uild-hall/

Re: Snooker Seniors Moving to Preston

Postby SnookerFan

I'd be tempted by this, as I have never been to the Guild Hall in Preston, and it's kind of the last of my snooker ambitions.

Unfortunately I have tickets to see something on Croydon on Saturday night. So I could get tickets for the Sunday, but going up on Sunday morning early. (Which is a three hour train ride.) Barely seems worth it for the piffly Snooker Seniors. (Though I did have a laugh watching it in Portsmouth.)

Also factoring in that I'll be going to The Masters a couple of weeks earlier, and Cardiff a couple of weeks later.

Decisions.....

Re: Snooker Seniors Moving to Preston

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Unfortunately I have tickets to see something on Croydon on Saturday night.

What are you seeing "on Croydon". A bomb would be a good thing. I too would buy tickets to see that.