Post a reply

Re: Snooker Loopy

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I just wanted to say thank you to the wag who put Snooker Loopy on our club jukebox, 10 times in a row, just before exiting last Sunday night at about 11pm. Tremendous!! :)

I've put that on in my local pub juke box.

If you put a song on more than once in a row though, it assumes it's a mistake and skips the second playing.

Bloody thing. :grrr:

Postby Dan-cat

I'd never noticed the snooker ball noises used as percussion until hearing it ten times in a row like that! Which is shameful, particularly as I produce music. In fact the whole production is really well put together, a fat disco funk groove.

Postby SnookerFan

I've become slightly infamous in my local for my selections on the Juke Box.

I've had Snooker Loopy, and other such Chas And Dave classics. I've also put on Happiness by Ken Dodd on. Anyone Can Fall In Love by Anita Dobson. The Power Rangers theme tune used to be on there. rofl And the Rainbow Ravers. (Which was a song/band that came out when I was at university. It was Zippy and Bungle singing a song to the tune of Rainbow.) rofl

I sometimes wait until a lot of the locals have nipped outside for a fag, whack some cheeky songs on, then act all innocent when Agadoo comes on...

Postby Dan-cat

Steve last year, come very near
To winning the snooker crown,
But he never got to put it on his ginger nut
Cos the black ball wouldn't go down
His manager of all said 'Sod that ball'
But it helped him make his mind up
Now he don't care who wins this year,
Cos he's got the rest of us signed up

Postby SnookerFan

My favourite bit is....

But old Willie Thorne, his hair's all gone, and his mates all take the rise.
His opponent said 'Cover up his head, 'cos it's shining in my eyes.'
When the light shines down on his bare crown,
It's a cert he's gonna walk it.
It's just not fair giving off that glare:

Willie Thorne: 'Perhaps I ought to chalk it'.

Postby Dan-cat

Hahahaha Willie got by far the best verse :)

I remember a gag that Steve Davis used to do at exhibitions:

'Willie's got a new shampoo coming out, it's called shoulders'

Postby Dan-cat

Tell me what other sport has it's own song that's loved unanimously by all!! I speak on behalf of *all* snooker fans here. hehe.

We should do a new one:

For buck's sake Rod, they've all gorrrne

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Tell me what other sport has it's own song that's loved unanimously by all!! I speak on behalf of *all* snooker fans here. hehe.

We should do a new one:

For buck's sake Rod, they've all gorrrne

I speak on behalf of humanity as a whole.

EVERYBODY LOVES THIS SONG!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Dennis Taylor's bit: 'Because I were these gorrrrrrgles'

hahahahaha

Because them long pots, he never ever got.....

Re: Snooker Loopy Appreciation Thread

Postby Dan-cat

Now Terry the taff was born in a gaff
In the valleys of the land of song
And as the reds he puts to bed
He likes to sing along
If I win he says with a grin
It can only help me can't it
I'll celebrate, I'll buy another eight
'Hairbrushes for me barrrrrrnet'

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I've seen Chas and Dave perform this live, and knew the words better than they did. rofl

I nearly saw them at Hackney Theatre, but decided not to at the last minute. A stupid, stupid decision.

33rd in TMF Ultimate Really Bad Songs! Surely some mistake! How is our official anthem in this list? SF - will you write one of your letters of complaint? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:33rd in TMF Ultimate Really Bad Songs! Surely some mistake! How is our official anthem in this list? SF - will you write one of your letters of complaint? :)

Nah, you're alright.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:33rd in TMF Ultimate Really Bad Songs! Surely some mistake! How is our official anthem in this list? SF - will you write one of your letters of complaint? :)

Nah, you're alright.

Go on. Let’s all write letters : me and them and him and me

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Nah, you're alright.

Go on. Let’s all write letters : me and them and him and me

We'll show them what we can do.

Postby Reg Varney

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've seen Chas and Dave perform this live, and knew the words better than they did. rofl

I nearly saw them at Hackney Theatre, but decided not to at the last minute. A stupid, stupid decision.

I know this is an old post, but we were seriously contemplating seeing them in Leeds (2014 or 15 time), but couldn't make the logistics works. Said "there'll be a next time," there wasn't.

I try not to do regrets but that is one where we should've just gone "sod it" and gone. Hindsight hey!