Post a reply

IC live draw

Postby Andre147

World Snooker just anounced on their website that the draw for the International Championship will be made Live at 12 noon this Tuesday (tomorrow) on their Youtube channel.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/watch-the-i ... draw-live/

If it goes as well at their Live draw for the World Champs, we can all expect things to run smoothly rofl

pmsl

Re: IC live draw

Postby SnookerFan

Apparently, it didn't. rofl

What's happened? I didn't watch it, but all I am seeing is people talking about a massive cock-up on Twitter.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently, it didn't. rofl

What's happened? I didn't watch it, but all I am seeing is people talking about a massive cock-up on Twitter.

Again? LOL rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

As explained on Twitter, by Matt....

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog
Basically the seeding has gone a bit wrong, potential top 16 players meeting in the last 64...

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog

...which shouldn't happen under the seeding structure for the event.

:wave:

Postby Wildey

But the Draw has been Made so it should stand.

They had a structure to follow and they failed to follow it that how the cookie crumbles Live with it and get on with it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:But the Draw has been Made so it should stand.

They had a structure to follow and they failed to follow it that how the cookie crumbles Live with it and get on with it.

I take it that isn't what's happening?

Postby Svdyc

Great how World Snooker manages to make something as boring as draws for tournaments so entertaining. Looking forward for the next live broadcast. :clap:

This is apparently how it was corrected:
mics147 ‏@mics147
"but how to correct the match numbers fairly when you've got a few options for that?"
Simon Brownell ‏@simonbrownell
"can only do it based on when drawn. so 1st 33-64 goes into 1st 33-64 place and so on."

Postby Wildey

The matches drawn today for the International Championship Qualifiers were all correct and will not be changed. The order in which the matches will appear on the draw was not correct and has been amended using the chronological order that seeded players were drawn to ensure that the seeded players are correctly placed in the draw.

holy rubbish of course it was bucking wrong they drew the matches out on a board numbered match 1 to match 64 (Draw Order) then because they cocked up as per bucking norm they are being cowards and not accepting blame like they should.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:For buck sake, who was in charge of the draw? Matthew Stevens?

Well, it's not Ronnie.

He's only doing the Legends at the moment.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Lolz Andre you called it :)

Wildey's right they should man up and admit they screwed it up

to start with they didnt have enough bags there to make the draw work right

they needed 6 bags
1-8
9-16
17-32
33-48
49-64
65-128

they only had 5 bags

1-16
17-32
33-48
49-64
65-128

so when they drew out Judd Trump 6th seed he was in the wrong part of the draw for his seeding so they swapped him round with Mark Allen who was 10th seed.

these people are running the sport and they couldn't work out a simple detail like that :td: <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:to start with they didnt have enough bags there to make the draw work right

they needed 6 bags

they only had 5 bags

so when they drew out Judd Trump 6th seed he was in the wrong part of the draw for his seeding so they swapped him round with Mark Allen who was 10th seed.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>