Post a reply

The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~Sunday 20th of September at The Shanghai Grand Stage, Shanghai

On to the last 16 and a few shock results along the way with Great Friends Neil Robertson and Joe Perry bowing out. Neil in fact yet to win a match this season.

and Two withdrawals for contrasting reasons Ricky Walden becoming a father and Mark Selby because of a bereavement.

Who will Survive and reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Stuart Bingham v Mike Dunn 1-1
John Higgins v Martin Gould Higgins leads 5-2
Judd Trump v Matthew Selt 4-4
Mark Williams v Jamie Cope Williams leads 9-4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day Ding Junhui leads 9-5
Michael Holt v Kyren Wilson 2-2
Shaun Murphy v Mark Davis Murphy leads 10-5
Mark Allen v David Grace Never Played Before

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!

Postby Pink Ball

Great lineup. I cannot believe that Trump and Selt's head to head is so even. Then again, I went to see Trump play Alfie Burden in Galway a few years back and I could not believe how awful Trump was, he's less like that nowadays but he was certainly capable of throwing in a terrible display. I genuine think I'd have taken a few frames off him that night.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Order of Play http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?tzm=1& ... emplate=45

Bizarre choice of TV Match in the afternoon Allen v Grace is 4th choice that session cant believe its a TV Table Match.

It's not the first time Wild and certainly wont be the last.

China tournaments always do that, it was supposed to be Selby v Allen, but since Grace got a walkover they wont change the "supposed" TV match, it has happened many times before.

Postby Gridlock

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i wanna see how trump plays higgins or stu this time around

vs higgins he hasnt a good record in above bo9 play. Didnt he lose from 4-0 up.
vs stu i am excited how much he will be up for it.

trump played fanatstic matches so far this season but then plays one bad one and bye bye.

I'm with you here except I would kinda like to see Gould play Trump. Trump really needs to seal the deal.

Actually though, after watching Murphy so calmly smacking down Ebdon, I think he is my pick.
I am (relatively) new to snooker, but have learned what Ebdon's MO is.

Postby Andre147

Gridlock wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:i wanna see how trump plays higgins or stu this time around

trump played fanatstic matches so far this season but then plays one bad one and bye bye.

I'm with you here except I would kinda like to see Gould play Trump. Trump really needs to seal the deal.

Actually though, after watching Murphy so calmly smacking down Ebdon, I think he is my pick.

Quick learner then <ok> I was also very satisfied to see Murphy coming back from 4-1 down with good breaks to beat him.

Postby Gridlock

Andre147 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Quick learner then <ok> I was also very satisfied to see Murphy coming back from 4-1 down with good breaks to beat him.

Yeah.. Ive seen on youtube the matches between Ronnie and Ebdon <doh>

Postby Pink Ball

Gridlock wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Yeah.. Ive seen on youtube the matches between Ronnie and Ebdon <doh>

Ebdon was a great player. His win against Ronnie in 2005 was one of the strangest and greatest sporting spectacles I've seen.

Postby SnookerFan

I have just been perusing old posts on this forum. (I’m trying to avoid new ones, so I don’t see any scores for later.)

I came across this thread by Smart, at the Shanghai Masters a few years back;

viewtopic.php?f=401&t=3713

I must confess, I don’t have much recollection of this incident. (Obviously, totally unworthy actions on the part of Ebdon, of course. Ridiculous behaviour.)

Anyway, the reason I’m posting is that it’s struck me I haven’t seen Ivy for a while. A few people in that link earlier were saying how impressed they were with her. But now I’ve not seen here in a while.

Did she go somewhere? A quick google check has shown me that she took some time off the other year to get married. Did she ever come back? Or is she just around, and I’m too slow/blind/stupid to have noticed that she came back?