Post a reply

The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~Sunday 20th of September at the Shanghai Grand Stage, Shanghai

Shanghai Masters is a well established Ranking Event dating back to 2007 when Dominic Dale won his 2nd ranking event beating his compatriot Ryan Day 10-6 in the final. 9 years on and Ryan Day is at the venue stage having beaten Dominic Dale 5-1 in Qualifying and will play 2006 World Champion Graeme Dott in the last 32.

The only player to reach the final twice 2008 and 2009 is Ronnie O'Sullivan but as so often these days Ronnie has decided to sit it out this year.

But theres plenty of quality in the field with World Champion Stuart Bingham defending his title with opposition from Welsh and Australian Open Champion John Higgins, Masters Champion Shaun Murphy, World no 1 Mark Selby, World Grand Prix Champion Judd Trump, Former World Champions Mark Williams, Peter Ebdon, Graeme Dott, Neil Robertson plus Former Shanghai Masters Champion China's own Ding Junhui.

Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Jamie Jones v Fang XiongMan Never Played Before
Mike Dunn v Niu Zhuang Never Played Before
Robert Milkins v Chen Zifan Never Played Before
Tom Ford v To Be Decided
Jamie Cope v Lin Shuai Never Played Before
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan McManus v Yao Pengcheng Never Played Before
Kyren Wilson v Wang Yuchen Never Played Before
Peter Ebdon v Yuan SiJun Never Played Before

Last 32

Stuart Bingham v Jamie Jones/Fang XiongMan
Marco Fu v Mike Dunn/Niu Zhuang
John Higgins v Liang Wenbo Higgins leads 6-0
Barry Hawkins v Martin Gould 3-3
Judd Trump v Robert Milkins/Chen Zifan
Ricky Walden v Matthew Selt Walden leads 2-1
Mark Williams v Tom Ford/To Be Decided
Neil Robertson v Jamie Cope/Lin Shuai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v Alan McManus/Yao Pengcheng
Graeme Dott v Ryan Day 4-4
Stephen Maguire v Michael Holt Maguire leads 5-3
Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson/Wang Yuchen
Shaun Murphy v Peter Ebdon v Yuan SiJun
Michael White v Mark Davis Davis leads 7-0
Mark Allen v Luca Brecel Allen leads 2-0
Mark Selby v David Grace Selby leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: The Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & Last 32

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I see that Eurosport are all over the Shanghai Masters final, as usual. <doh>

Yeah it's typical Eurosport, they bother to show all the other rounds, but they mess things up with the Final.

I certainly wouldn't mind not seeing as much of the early rounds if it meant watching the whole Final.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I see that Eurosport are all over the Shanghai Masters final, as usual. <doh>

Yeah it's typical Eurosport, they bother to show all the other rounds, but they mess things up with the Final.

I certainly wouldn't mind not seeing as much of the early rounds if it meant watching the whole Final.

Well, this is the thing. There's probably going to people who are discouraged from watching earlier rounds, knowing they won't be able to watch the final. Unless you count highlights starting at nearly 10pm as 'watching the final'.

Postby Wildey

Winner of the Amateur Masters 2015 event taking place today was Han Bin and he will take his place in the Wild Card Round playing Tom Ford for the right to play Mark Williams on Wednesday.

so no Zhao Xintong in the draw this year having reached the last 16 in last seasons tournament as a wild card losing 5-3 to Fergal O'Brien.

Postby TheSaviour

Diggins vs Wenny can very well be a cracking contest. With a possibility of a many centuries. Johs leads 6-0 h2h-wise, but it doesn´t matter much because Liang is such a good and a much developed player. Hopefully I did not jinxed that match now :-D But at least I got that Un Nooh prospects right.. As well as some other predictions here also. Even I haven´t entered on those real predictions contests, so it does not count. It only counts IF I enter and then got those predictions also right..

Anyway, should be a great match!

Postby Wildey

Shame Dott lost and beeing a top 16 seed because of Ronnie not playing he wont get 0 points instead of 8,000 that would have got for the last 16 that would help him helped him get in to the top 16 and a place at the masters.

Postby Wildey

Mike Dunn 5-0 Niu Zhuang
Graeme Dott 3-5 Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 5-2 Yuan Sijun
Jamie Jones 1-5 Fang Xiongman

thats a set back for Jamie Jones losing so convincingly

Postby Wildey

This afternoon schedule of play http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=45&event=403

and the pick of the matches is John Higgins who in case everyone has forgotten won the last ranking event played in Australia and he plays Liang Wenbo the runner up in The 6 reds last week so he must be match sharp even though that format was totally different

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:This afternoon schedule of play http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=45&event=403

and the pick of the matches is John Higgins who in case everyone has forgotten won the last ranking event played in Australia and he plays Liang Wenbo the runner up in The 6 reds last week so he must be match sharp even though that format was totally different

I did,nt forget Wildey!. :-D

COME ON John!!. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:comedy of errors from higgins and Liang

Aye.

Rolf Kalb,the German commentator is blaming it due to the pair of them takin part in the 6 reds tourney where the pockets were more generous than these ones are. :roll: :chuckle:

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:

Rolf Kalb,the German commentator is blaming it due to the pair of them takin part in the 6 reds tourney where the pockets were more generous than these ones are. :roll: :chuckle:

Ryan Day mentioned this in his post match interview so I don't think it's BS in this case.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Ryan Day mentioned this in his post match interview so I don't think it's BS in this case.

The adjusting from the Thai to Chinese conditions,tighter pockets is certainly affecting them,both are struggling in all deparetments of the game,especially the potting and positional play. :dizzy:

Nevertheless,John goes 3-0 up. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

I’m having problems with my television at the moment. I turn it on, as the volume is muted. I tried to turn the volume up, but it won’t allow me. I know it’s not the remote, because the TV in my bedroom is the same make, so I’ve tested the remote works fine on the TV in there.

Luckily, for tonight, I’m getting the Shanghai Masters taped elsewhere, as I was planning to watch it with my family. So this won’t be an immediate problem. I’ll have to get it sorted out though, so I can catch Joe Johnson’s words of wisdom.

Ps. I am posting, but I am not reading other people’s posts. So I’m not spoiling the results for the matches later.